• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gimme a break... :rolleyes:

Both Potomac ES and Bells Mills ES feed into Hoover Middle School (where my kids went) and then into Churchill (where my kids went) and there were very few problems...

They are both satisfactory schools indeed. Bells Mill kids go to Cabin John MS, then yes, Churchill. My boy goes to neither Bells Mill or Potomac though.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Latest Email;

The PTA is once again asking for $100 per student from each family.

The teachers get some good swag from the parents here :D

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Latest Email;

The PTA is once again asking for $100 per student from each family.

The teachers get some good swag from the parents here :D

You better watch out... I remember a few years ago when I was coaching in the county some of the lesser off schools were upset that the better off schools were able to raise more money for their kids and wanted the better off schools to share. This circled around Churchill wanting to put in a turf field and the parents came together and were willing to get it done.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You better watch out... I remember a few years ago when I was coaching in the county some of the lesser off schools were upset that the better off schools were able to raise more money for their kids and wanted the better off schools to share. This circled around Churchill wanting to put in a turf field and the parents came together and were willing to get it done.

What I recall is parents raised a $250K , then MSI was going to kick in $1M , for return of 1000 hours use. I think the entire arrangement died. When you define better school, do you mean so academically? The schools with the worst scores get funded more per student than schools in Potomac. They are already taking tons of money from affluent areas for their schools. What kind of property tax you think the people around Wheaton Woods ES pay? 90% of students there get fed, free after school care, taught in Spanish etc. That adds up at some schools to 2x cost per student than Potomac or Bethesda schools.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    When you define better school, do you mean so academically? The schools with the worst scores get funded more per student than schools in Potomac.

More along the lines of where the parents are better off financially and have the ability to donate so its only fair to share

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    More along the lines of where the parents are better off financially and have the ability to donate so its only fair to share

Fair or not, they are forced to via taxes and redistribution. Donations are earmarked as the benefactor wishes. The County already taxes the hell out of the affluent, that's enough "sharing"..

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    With any luck, that bear will eat a few liberals while traveling through Potomac

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Very interesting story about Tobytown, thanks! I too pass it when I go flyfishing.

Nothing wrong with either Hoover or Churchill, except maybe for the competence of some of the teachers back in the '80's and '90's.

I'm still curious to know where the picture of the bear was taken and whether it was captured and relocated.

Apparently we all taste like pork; as in long pork. :D

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Very interesting story about Tobytown, thanks! I too pass it when I go flyfishing.

Nothing wrong with either Hoover or Churchill, except maybe for the competence of some of the teachers back in the '80's and '90's.

I'm still curious to know where the picture of the bear was taken and whether it was captured and relocated.

Apparently we all taste like pork; as in long pork. :D

Never seemed to reappear. Bear was walking down Crossing Creek Rd at Timber Hill Ln. There is a swath of habitat directly east of that and is fairly hidden from humans. Strange place for a bear though.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Twelve point buck resting in my back yard.. yuge.. ~30 yards from back door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom