• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    To attend, click here to register!

By request, a third Maryland Handgun Permit (MHP) Seminar is scheduled for Sunday, April 6th from 11AM - 4PM at the IWLA Frederick Clubhouse.

If you legitimately own a business with a cash flow or deposits (no matter the size or frequency), or, if you are engaged in professional activates such as a medical doctor or Certified Regulated Handgun Instructor, or, if you have repeated and documented threats against you... you may be eligible to be approved for a Maryland Handgun Permit.

The cost for this seminar will be approximately $49. Any and all profits will be donated to the Izaak Walton League of America in support Chapter Activities - including the IWLA Youth Group.

The goal of this seminar is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Maryland State Police (MSP) Maryland Handgun Permit (MHP). With a focus on the application and approval processes.

Seminar Topics Include:
    · A Brief History of the Maryland Handgun Permit
    · Review of Applicable Laws & regulations
    · Prohibited Individuals
    · A Discussion on Training Now Required under SB281
    · In-depth discussion of G&S
    · Current Legal Status and Topical Issues
    · MHP Application Requirements
    · MSP Policies & Procedures
    · Approval Criteria
    · Case studies and examples
    · 3 reasons LEOSA permits can fail to protect LEO's
    · In-person and Phone Interview Strategies
    · Responding to Denials
    · Informal & Formal Reviews
    · The Handgun Permit Review Board
    · The Renewal Process
    · Carrying as a Responsible Citizen
    · Q&A Session with Panel of Experts
    · Plus much, much more...

We are investigating the possibility of providing passport photography and a LiveScan vendor on site for those that may be interested. Please review the OP for updated details and information.

If you have previously attended this seminar;
    First, please post a review in this thread. Second, you are cordially invited to audit this updated and revised seminar, at no charge, by using the discount code "repeat" when you register.

Maryland State Troopers are invited participate, without charge.

To attend, click here to register or for more info!

Help Spread the Word:
    Facebook.jpg Twitter.jpg LinkedIn.jpg
    MHP 14-01 QRCode1447505.gif

NOTICE: The Maryland State Police, the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board and/or the Judiciary evaluate and approve all Maryland Handgun Permit applications. No one can guarantee the approval of any application. The instructors and sponsors do not represent, nor are they affiliated with or endorsed by any government agency, including, but not limited to the Maryland State Police.

Last edited:

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    If you're at all interested in applying for and getting your Maryland "Wear and Carry" permit this seminar is invaluable to help you better understand the process, what's involved and most importantly how to effectively deal with the MSP as you go through the process. The pace is fast, fun and highly informative. Definitely 5-stars!

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks Michael and Kevin for the kind words.

Once you take this seminar, you will know more about Maryland Handgun Permits than most citizens and many Maryland State Troopers.

Then, you can go and take the required proficiency certification from BPSafe or Dukes Defense!

3fingeredWU

Oct 3, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Maryland Handgun Carry Permit

I have taken this class from Cypher and it is well worth it. You will not be disappointed. The class moves right along and is very informative.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. The seminar is nearly half full already!!

The President of the VCDL.org (Virginia's equivalent of MSI) participated in the last class. Perhaps Patrick, President of MSI will join us this time?

-Early price of $35.00 ends on 2/1/2014 12:00 AM
    -Standard price of $49.00 starts on 2/1/2014 12:01 AM and ends on 3/27/2014 11:59 PM
    -Late/Onsite price of $75.00 starts on 3/28/2014 12:00 AM
    -If 2 or more people register together before 3/28 and receive a discount of 20% off for all people in the group.

Limited seating - save your spot!

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    What is a "Certified Regulated Handgun Instructor"?

Ragnar,

Thank you for asking "What is a "Certified Regulated Handgun Instructor?"

A Certified Regulated Handgun Instructor is someone authorized to teach the Maryland Handgun Qualification Course.
    To learn why we purposefully use the term regulated, click here.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    CypherPunk knows his way thru the Maryland permitting scheme.
    I recommend this course. Matter of fact I will recommend any course he is involved with. His knowledge of the system is priceless. Once you take his course he will continue to answer questions and offer advice. CypherPunk:thumbsup:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Unless something is exceptional, I usually don't "bump" a thread. This is an exceptional seminar and I too will recommend and ENDORSE it to anyone who is looking to get their Wear/ Carry permit in Maryland. Great information and Cypher takes the guess-work out of the application process.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    hey cypher, i went to register under the repeat code and didn't finish because it came back to bill my CC. but i will be there.

dbow

Apr 2, 2013
    How many people have actually got their permit because of the class?

Not trying to be a downer but I have yet to meet a permit holder in this state who didn't have restrictions that pretty much defeat the purpose of carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have no possibility of getting a carry permit, so is this a worthwhile class anyway as far as the knowledge gained?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I have no possibility of getting a carry permit, so is this a worthwhile class anyway as far as the knowledge gained?

The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance.
    -Confucius

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    How many people have actually got their permit because of the class?

Not trying to be a downer but I have yet to meet a permit holder in this state who didn't have restrictions that pretty much defeat the purpose of carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no magic formula, but I think the posts herein speak to the quality, and content of this seminar.
    Again, I am donating 100% of the proceeds to the IWLA Youth Group to promote young hunters, shooting and conservation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom