Palmetto State Armory Refusing To Sell Bulk Ammo to MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    How do we expect a company in another state to understand our screwy laws

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Has anyone in Montgomery County been able to have ammo mailed to them? Because, I've heard that some places such as bulkammo.com will send ammo to Montgomery county.

This is crazy. I live in Mo Co and I have been purchasing ammo online for years with no problems. I have occasionally encountered random ammo on sportsman guide where it states in the product description that shipping to Mo Co is prohibited but even those ship if purchased. I don't think that I have purchased from PSA. but but at least 10 other online retailers without issue.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    What was their reasoning on not allowing you to change the shipping address to a location outside of Annapolis?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Interesting. I posted PSA's disclaimer a little while ago when someone posted a sale they were having. Folks chimed in to say they had bought ammo from them and had it shipped to MoCo no problem. Based on that, I ordered some ammo the other night; I wonder if it'll get cancelled and they'll dare to charge me 5%.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I went to their shop years ago to get them to change their policy. They didn't budge. Made it a pain when I had to replace the ammo I bought from them (flood damage, not their fault).

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    What was their reasoning on not allowing you to change the shipping address to a location outside of Annapolis?

I asked that question and was told "the order has already been cancelled in our system"; which I loosely translated to mean "we sold your ammo to someone else and we're out of stock now".

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I have an Annapolis address, but do not live within the city limits.

PSA was happy taking my $ and shipping me ammo in January. In July, they began playing these games with me.

I explained my address situation, and so they were not violating any law, valid or not. They didn't care, but suggested changing the shipping address, which I did, so it went to a buddy in Riva.

I acknowledge their position - they make a ton of dough shipping ammo all over the country, and don't want the risk or hassle of a few People's Republics. However, I will never order anything from them again.

Interestingly, Cabela's didn't mind shipping me bulk ammo last week. Guess their legal department is smarter.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Their policy is clearly laid out on their website, and mimics most online ammo suppliers. I'm not here to argue the law, but they did exactly what their terms and conditions page says they would do.

It's very nice of them to cancel the 5% re-stocking fee, to me that more than resolves the situation. Sucks you didn't get the ammo, but there are many ways to get around this from here on out.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/customer-service

"Maryland: No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County"

"Customers ordering ammunition that is illegal to own in their state will have their orders canceled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee."

Good post. I agree.

Most sites require you to click a box stating that you've read their terms & conditions anyway. Living in a state like MD, it pays to read the fine print. You're now lumped in with CA, NY, NJ, etc.

Do I like the policy? No, but if it was the policy before you clicked "submit" on your order, you should have contacted them for clarification or canceled the order.

Their intentions were good, I think. Trying to protect those who are less-informed, despite being less-informed themselves. They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, right? I think if enough people contact them, they'll pull a LaRue Tactical and correct their policies. It's worth a try.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Interesting. I posted PSA's disclaimer a little while ago when someone posted a sale they were having. Folks chimed in to say they had bought ammo from them and had it shipped to MoCo no problem. Based on that, I ordered some ammo the other night; I wonder if it'll get cancelled and they'll dare to charge me 5%.

Well I received a shipped package notification via UPS...it seems that lower ammo counts aren't their concern, or whomever is reviewing the orders doesn't care. Luck of the draw?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... or whomever is reviewing the orders doesn't care. Luck of the draw?

"WHOever", not "WHOMever".

The Subjective Case is DOING the activity, as in:

I review.
    He reviews.
    We review.
    They review.
    Who reviews?

The Objective Case has the activity done to it. All these are obviously wrong:

Me review.
    Him reviews.
    Us review.
    Them review.
    Whom reviews?

See how obvious it is when you change "whom" to "him" or "me"?

This has been a complementary lesson from your friendly Grammar Nazi.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Their policy says you will be charged 5%if you order ammo that is "illegal to own" in your state. It is NOT illegal to own such ammo even in MoCo and Annapolis therefor I think they would have a tough time making the charge stick due to the wording of the policy.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well I received a shipped package notification via UPS...it seems that lower ammo counts aren't their concern, or whomever is reviewing the orders doesn't care. Luck of the draw?

You know my mom ordered some .45 ACP from PSA a few months back and lives in Germantown. I'll ask and see if shr had any problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Grammer lessons coming from Carrol county, whom woulda thunk it!

I review.
    He reviews.
    We review.
    They review.
    Who reviews?

Me review.
    Him reviews.
    Us review.
    Them review.
    Whom reviews?

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Has anyone in Montgomery County been able to have ammo mailed to them? Because, I've heard that some places such as bulkammo.com will send ammo to Montgomery county.

I've had several thousand rounds, of various calibers, from several different vendors delivered to MoCo...

Most recently, over 4K of .22lr from Cabelas, last Spring/Summer

Jamie

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick

I review.
    He reviews.
    We review.
    They review.
    Who reviews?

Me review.
    Him reviews.
    Us review.
    Them review.
    Whom reviews?

Thank you, I've never understood this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom