• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well if they are using the action pistol bays then the long range rifle range will be closed.
    I think it is $15 a day if I remember correctly. You should call during normal hours on Friday to find out what else you can do that is open. They tend to have public days setup a couple of times a year when people can try different things out. As a new member I have 5 guest passes I can use but likely won't get around to using them because I only go there to shoot matches.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Anyone here? Saw one guy with an MDS hat, but was in line and havnt seen him since. I'm short, and wearing a a white and blue checkered short sleeve button up, no hat. Say hi.

sent from a small microwave transmitter using an app2

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    MD Shooters Represent! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 119

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    41.something on the first run at stage 2. Probably really slow, but it was fun.

sent from a small microwave transmitter using an app2

HTArms

May 9, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    Had a great time there with both of my children. Met a few MDS folks as well, which was great! We were wearing our "HTA" shirts in hopes that we would have met more. This was a very fun event!

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I checked out a little after 1. I had fun, but was a little disappointed. As of when I left, they were only letting you go through each stage once, and there were only two 22lr stages. When they found that everyone in line had been through once already they shut down stage two to take a break. At the time they seemed torn as to whether they were going to allow 2nd runs when they got back. It was sunny, and they deserved a break, but I had already checked everything out and visited their food trailer, so wasn't up for sitting on my hands until they got back to find out if they were going to allow a second run.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Just finished up a few hundred rounds on the pistol range and two rounds of five stand. Great day in wild wonderful West Virginia.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    My wife and I got there about 11:15 , I shot both stages then had a hot dog and I met Chris Rummel. Aka Rumnhammer here at MDS had a good chat then we checked out the place a bit....

It was a bit of a downer when they cut off doing repeats of the stages.
    All said it was a good time, bought a Circuit Judge 45/410 at Dicks on the way home, can't wait to try out the new toy!

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Had a great time. It was well worth the trip to get out and do some shooting. The folks there were very nice and had things running very smoothly. We were going to try and run through the 22 stages again after we had a bite to eat, but decided it was a fun day and hit the road.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I talked to a number of people there, but was not sure who was MDS or not. Mainly talked to other 3-gun shooters, some I knew and some I did not. Didn't like shooting the 15-22 w/iron sights. One reason I took them off mine and installed red dots/scopes. I liked the M&P 22 pistol. Only had one miss with that on Stage 1 and none on Stage 2. Shot my own 3-gun 9mm Bul M-5 in the Bianchi Stage 2. Was under the par 6s time on both runs but the plates were not as easy to knockdown with a 9mm as with a .45. Did manage to get one in the black with their .45 on the Bianchi mover stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom