• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You can both shoot at the range and carry with either. Most people find the G19 a good fit. If your gloves say XXL , then the G17 is likely a better fit.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    I was torn between a glock 19 and Springfield 1911 mil-spec. Went with the 1911, but I regret it. I absolutely love the 1911 but simply cannot afford to shoot it as often as I want. Nonetheless, excellent choice!

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I was torn between a glock 19 and Springfield 1911 mil-spec. Went with the 1911, but I regret it. I absolutely love the 1911 but simply cannot afford to shoot it as often as I want. Nonetheless, excellent choice!

Learn to reload . I think it comes out to be like 10-12 cents per round.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Great choice! My first Glock was a 21 then a 22 a couple years later. Last purchase was a 17 mostly due to ammo cost and how much I was shooting. I couldn't agree more about finding a local IP and dealing direct. Most probably have both in stock so you can see which one feels best in your hand.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    The Glock is a Good Gun for the money! It is reliable for a starting piece. I own a Glock but I still love my Sig's more! Still a good choice.

cmulligan80

Feb 5, 2013
    Rockville
    Check out Engage Armament in Kensington. They are good people. They are also an industry partner here.

ETA: and Engage holds handgun and rifle courses at their own range. I'm looking to take on this summer. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Engage has moved to Rockville.
    I bought my first glock 19 from them.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Check out GSSF, I just purchased a new glock 19 through the program. A new 19 is $425 and some of the ip's here accept the coupon.

Cbear

Mar 13, 2013
    Does anyone know of any stores around the Frederick area that actually have them in stock? I've found absolutely zero at any store in the Frederick area. I don't really want to find one online but I may have to.

bjump

Feb 24, 2013
    Smithsburg
    got it

Does anyone know of any stores around the Frederick area that actually have them in stock? I've found absolutely zero at any store in the Frederick area. I don't really want to find one online but I may have to.

I've gotta like new 17 in hagerstown. Fs ft

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010

Don't know of anybody that has one. My friend has been looking for either a 17 or a 19 for two months now.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    28446d1334387873-white-tree-frog-call-tallahasse_zombie_thread.jpg

Domino

Feb 22, 2013
    Calvert County
    Waiting for MSP clearance on my Glock 19 Gen 4. Was told it would be several weeks. Not expecting it to clear till late July. My 1st handgun purchase. No local places had one, so decided to purchase on GunsAmerica before the prices got even higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom