• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    You're just a vulgar and pathetic person who is a discredit to this cause and to yourself.

I am a lifetime NRA member and have defended the 2A when I can. My health will not allow me to travel for any length. I was at Aberdeen.

I have been a financial supporter in politics and very vocal in gaining recruits to firearms. This is all that really needs to be said.

You sound like a sad old Fudd that knows he screwed up but won't admit it because you refused to stand up for your rights back when maintaining rights would have been much easier than trying to fight to get them back.

You confuse vulgarity with a swift kick in the ass to the people that watched idly as we slid down the slippery slope.

We are in the state of affairs we are in because most of you old coots didn't do jack. Your health wasn't always shit state while MD was stripping away your rights. But you didn't do anything did you?

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You sound like a sad old Fudd that knows he screwed up but won't admit it because you refused to stand up for your rights back when maintaining rights would have been much easier than trying to fight to get them back.

You confuse vulgarity with a swift kick in the ass to the people that watched idly as we slid down the slippery slope.

We are in the state of affairs we are in because most of you old coots didn't do jack. Your health wasn't always shit state while MD was stripping away your rights. But you didn't do anything did you?

You are assuming that anything could have been done to prevent the current course of action. This a a blue state. And 2A proponents are seriously outnumbered here. It's like being a democrat in UT, you're in the minority opinion on most issues and not much you can do about it.

In any case, nothing is signed yet, so lets all forego the non-productive personal attacks and concentrate on the issue at hand; shall we?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I compliment you on the passive aggressive tact that you take. This is a very effective strategy on the average neophyte in a debate. Now you are entering the empathy phase of the discussion where you "empathize" with my frustration, and try to portray yourself as a sympathetic party. This is the passive portion of the passive/aggressive dichotomy. Kudos because the tactic is solid and can be effective in a debate, except when the other party can see through you like a freshly cleaned pane of glass.

None of this changes the fact that I believe you to be a plant, and your mission is to suck all the energy out of the room, and undermine the resolve of those committed to the 2A cause. Even if I am wrong in this respect, you are just about the most dour individual to darken MDS' doorstep in a long time. Frankly sir, you are as useless as a cup of cold piss.

Plant.... I was thinking the same. This guy has been balls deep in this thread when he could have been calling or writing more. I come back hours later and he is still throwing up in his own mouth. I ain't heard no fat lady! And the fat lady will never sing as long as we keep up the fight. Back to writing some more. Seems like calling this late doesn't get you through.. Faxes are next :)

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Many "senior" members have not themselves been on the forum a long time. Their senior status is based on the post count, and some people post constantly. Just because you talk a lot, doesn't mean that you have anything useful, interesting, or even accurate to say...

That's Me!! "sound and fury, signifying nothing", although not so much on the sound and fury... :D

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I spoke to Bromwell's staff Friday, he's voting with us, maybe from pressure, when I spoke to him personally in January he was on the fence, save the call and move on to the next.

NEVER save the call. Put it at the end, but make the call. Taking anyone for granted, especially if they are a convert or their support is soft, is playing with fire. If we go dark, and the anti's are still pushing, anyone can flip flop back!

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    You are assuming that anything could have been done to prevent the current course of action. This a a blue state. And 2A proponents are seriously outnumbered here. It's like being a democrat in UT, you're in the minority opinion on most issues and not much you can do about it.

In any case, nothing is signed yet, so lets all forego the non-productive personal attacks and concentrate on the issue at hand; shall we?

It sounds like you think defeat is inevitable.

From what I gather you are espousing the typical defeatist mentality that because we live in a blue state our fate is a foregone conclusion. Politicians are not an immovable object. They will respond if enough pressure is applied. In the end their only goal is to get reelected.

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    ^ I totally agree, and unfortunately I am a registered Dem. from Cecil County in Smigiel's district so I am totally safe voting Red, but I wish I was in BaltCo. where I can really stick it to the representatives in my districts about basic rights. It's sickening to me....it really is...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    C'mon guys, I am new here. Joined just before the rally on Feb 6. Was welcomed here with open arms and jumped right in the middle of the deep end of this fight and haven't looked back. I'd like to think we are the reinforcements. I personally want to thank every one of you "oldtimers" for carrying this for years. Sorry I am a peewee newbie. We may see things differently, but right now we shouldn't be focusing ANY energy in a thread ball-buster.

We have a real fight on our hands, check out the Alamo thread and get on the darn phone :)

** Moms 4 2A **

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    Plant.... I was thinking the same. This guy has been balls deep in this thread when he could have been calling or writing more. I come back hours later and he is still throwing up in his own mouth. I ain't heard no fat lady! And the fat lady will never sing as long as we keep up the fight. Back to writing some more. Seems like calling this late doesn't get you through.. Faxes are next :)

You know what Mr. 400 poster, you can go swap spit in the showers with your other buddy. I guess you're a big gunhand ball buster. Met plenty like you along the way. Can't shoot for shit but can run their mouths.

For all the big talk I really saw only a few hundred people on the corner at Aberdeen. So, were you there?

And you have no idea how many faxes, emails or phone calls I made.

Are you and Mr. Goth image, siggy best of buddies except he is quite a few posts ahead trying to impress others with his scary images in all his posts.

But, go ahead and attack folks here that simply ask why McDermott tossed in the towel. Am I the only person with the real balls to ask if we have been lied to.

I guess that is it. I am the only person with enough guts to cut through the crap.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    WTF is going on here?!? Are you guys serious? Spend your time sending emails, faxes and making phone calls unless you want to give up. But this shit is seriously not helping. We are down to crunch time. Let's hang together and make it count.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    WTF is going on here?!? Are you guys serious? Spend your time sending emails, faxes and making phone calls unless you want to give up. But this shit is seriously not helping. We are down to crunch time. Let's hang together and make it count.

:thumbsup:

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013

Good idea.
    If the gun grabbers read this thread it ain't helpful.
    But you have the same guy piling on and recruiting others.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Good idea.
    If the gun grabbers read this thread it ain't helpful.
    But you have the same guy piling on and recruiting others.

Ok, here's what I see. Two forum members getting into a pissing contest over who can get the last word.

There has been a lot of emotions running high around here lately. We need to focus that emotion on the delegates regardless if any one person thinks we might be SOL. I personally don't want to be left on the couch wondering what else I could have done and that should be everybody's attitude. I also don't care what other people think. This year was different. Even if we don't win this battle we accomplished something this year. Last year we had less than 100 people at the rally. This year we held 3 rallies, each with thousands of people showing up. There were staff members taking pictures out of the windows of the house and senate buildings. Patrick is able to get people to make phone calls and drive to annapolis at a moments notice.

We are organized and are a force to be reckoned with. If we had this amount of attention and determination last year I would bet my house that the bill put forth would be nowhere near as egregious as it is.

And for future reference the title underneath forum member's names are put there by the member. Mine says "resident SMIB" because I typed it there. Feel free to change yours to whatever you like.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, I thought this was the land of the Maryland Line. Prepared to give all in defense of their ideals, against overwhelming odds. The Delaware and Pennsylvania lines are in retreat and it's time to rush the cannons and turn them on MOM.

Stop the defeatist attitude or get the hell out of the way.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Enough infighting guys. This is too critical a period to be doing this. I'm not pointing fingers and laying blame, I'm just stopping it here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom