• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aehnuke

Aug 20, 2010
    Man, some of you guys are haters. Yes, he is long-winded and such, but I think he gives everything a fair review. It's nice to see someone actually putting their gear to use and reviewing it, and if he hasn't fielded it yet, he'll tell you straight up.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    +1 on military arms channel. I tried giving nutnfancy a chance but I don't always agree with his opinions (which is fine) but at the same time he is annoying because of his tone and demeanor. If you like the info, keep watching. Otherwise there are plenty of other online reviewers.

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    He's okay, but yeah...the multi-part, 30-45 minutes each reviews are dreadful.

It's one thing if he actually covered useful information during the entire review, but he gets off on tangents and blabs a lot.

Overall, I'd say he's worth a check every now and then, just to see what he's got his hands on.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I have watched a couple, and agree with everyone's opinion.

I do like the fact that he actually shoots and does some run and gun, even if he does look like a mall ninja. I've read quite a few forums in the last 2 weeks and I see there are a lot of guys that have a bunch of tacticool stuff that looks like the male barbie version, and never use it. They more or less buy one to post really cool pictures of their "doll".

I like watching some of his, but I only watched 2-3. I really like Hickock. He seems pretty cool, and a pretty good shot.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Yea the guy is annoying but I was able to get past that. I do a lot of my internet BSing late at night because I have work/school during the day. I can't count the number of times on two hands that I have fallen asleep trying to make it through his videos. The guy spends 30 minutes saying what could be summed up in 5. I gave up after a while. Hickok45 :thumbsup:

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I'll say right off that I am a fan. Is he long winded; yepp. I do wish he would get to the point sometimes. That said I appreciate the thoughtful reviews. Any review is the opinion of the author, and I don't take anyone's opinions for gospel. I don't even mind some of his philosophy monologue; albeit usually especially long winded.

I like that he puts gear to the test by using it under more realistic situations. Look is any training truly "realistic"? I am an expert shooter by no means, but the first time I shot IDPA I realized what the minor stresses of time and movement can do to you while shooting. I like that he is trying out different gear an concepts on a dynamic range. I think anyone who has self defense in mind for firearms should practice more in this type of environment.

As for being "tacticool" - Can you think of a better way to carry spare AR mags while you are moving? Will he or any of us non/retired military/LEO ever need to use any of those skills? We hate it when any anti asks us why we need a semiauto/high capacity/military looking/shoulder thing that goes up, so why say someone is a tool for kitting up in a chest rig to go out and have fun shooting.

I'll probably never use my AR-15 or any of my guns for self defense, but I still enjoy shooting them. If I ever take a carbine class you better believe I will wear a chest rig; why not? Being fun is a good enough reason for me. I guess you can say that am trying to look tacticool if you want, but I guarantee I would be having a blast.

~Peace

Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    Sorry, the guy is a tool. Chopping a 8-10" tree with a KBar? Just to prove it can be done? Then keep making comments on how many cals you're burning doing it the hard way?

I'll have to watch some of his different videos. I can't seem to help thinking that this guy thinks he missed his chance at a discovery channel show.

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    I like most of his stuff. The voice can be annoying at times, but the tests he does are good for getting used to a rig or what not. I always thought dudes that had ARs were tools and military wannabes and chest rigs were for douches. Then I tried doing any tactical stuff with any other system without mags(ie tube fed) or tried carrying mag fed weapon magazines in my back pocket and the shit don't work. Mags fell out and anything thats not mag fed is pretty useless if you want your stuff for zombies or SHTF scenarios. Just sayin... Also like the fact that the reviews are thorough(could be shortened by cutting some blabbing, but don't watch it if it annoys you). I HATE when I turn on a gun review and dudes like....yup...shoots straight. I like it. I like this sight. Actions smooth. A plus!!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    He provides through reviews and there is the chance to learn something or at least hear a differing opinion.

Life is too short to get wound up because you do not agree with someone 100% on the internet.

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I am a fan though not as much since I found Hickok45 and vuurwapenblog. Especially vuurwapenblog - his reviews are always clear and concise.....when he does them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom