• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    What the hell is with these things? Every single one I have bough (15rd, 21rd, 27rd, etc) has the same issue. Something gets caught up and the rounds won't push up. You can turn the mag upside down and the rounds all spill out.

What's the deal? I don't mind less reliable mags for practicing malfunctions, but these are just not even useable.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have multiple of them and haven't had any issue. I've used them both in my Glock 19 and Ruger PCC. Are your failures all in the same gun or same brand of ammo?

Maybe send Magpul an email? Their customer service is usually good.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I have multiple of them and haven't had any issue. I've used them both in my Glock 19 and Ruger PCC. Are your failures all in the same gun or same brand of ammo?

Maybe send Magpul an email? Their customer service is usually good.

it doesn't have to be in the gun. it's like the follow gets caught up on the internal magazine or something. they lose all tension and just fall out.

I'll have to ask them.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have upwards of 10 of the Magpul Glock mags in 17 and 21 round capacity, having bought a few at a time since they have been out. So not all the same batch from the same retailer. I've never had a malfunction with them as far as I am aware, and some have gotten pretty dirty. I've used them in a g19 and a g34 (both gen4). I haven't read any widespread reports of issues with their Glock mags.

Hopefully Magpul customer service takes good care of you.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have a handful of 17 rounders and 140mm magpul 9mm glock pmags. haven't used them extensively, but zero issues.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's weird. They get kinda crappy reviews. I've been afraid to try them.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I don't have any, but it sounds like problems I had with some Korean mags. Some had poor mold process seams and protrusions. I took some apart and did a little surgery with sanding high spots down. Helped a lot, but still not as reliable as Glock mags.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    That's weird. They get kinda crappy reviews. I've been afraid to try them.
    Not that I get to compete much these days, but I really like them for competition and general range use. The regular Glock mags are pretty expensive and I'd hate to lose one.

What the hell is with these things? Every single one I have bough (15rd, 21rd, 27rd, etc) has the same issue. Something gets caught up and the rounds won't push up. You can turn the mag upside down and the rounds all spill out.

What's the deal? I don't mind less reliable mags for practicing malfunctions, but these are just not even useable.

it doesn't have to be in the gun. it's like the follow gets caught up on the internal magazine or something. they lose all tension and just fall out.

I'll have to ask them.

I have the exact problem with the sole 27 rounder I have.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I had similar problems with the ETS mags I used in my PCC. They worked for about a year or so that then started jamming in the body. I figured it was the lack of the steel liner that caused the body to bulge out. 3 years later all my OEM Glock mags still work and have never been cleaned either. I have never used anything else since. All my 17s ended up with either Arredondo, TTI, or TF extended base pads and all still work and they do double duty in my G34 and in Steel Challenge in my PCC.
    Rule #1 To competition shooters mags are disposable items. If they fail you don't try and fix them because chances are 50% or better that it will happen again. So chuck them or you can bet they will fail again at the wrong time.
    Rule #2 You never buy the cheapest mags first. You buy the best ones and if you want to experiment you buy some cheap ones later so when and if they go bad you can always fall back on the reliable ones. I did not always follow this rule early on. Now I do.
    Rule #3 Always buy more than you need for a new firearm you want to shoot in competition, especially rimfires. Figure out how many you need and buy double in the case of rimfires. Run the heck out of each one until you get your number of stone reliable ones. Then take the rest and find a couple more that are perfect. Those are your spares in case one of the first group goes bad. Put those aside as ready replacements. Any left over you leave in the original package to test down the road if needed. And if you don't find enough buy and test some more.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't have any, but it sounds like problems I had with some Korean mags. Some had poor mold process seams and protrusions. I took some apart and did a little surgery with sanding high spots down. Helped a lot, but still not as reliable as Glock mags.

Wondering if that is the issue with the OP's mags.

So far I have I think 4 or 5 17 mags and a pair of 19 mags from them. Haven't loaded up the 19's, as I don't have a 19 year (but I wanted a couple tucked away just in case).

No issue on any of the ones for my G17. No issue with ETS mags either. Or the KCI Korean mags. All have run perfectly fine with zero hiccups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom