• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's true. But the cynic in me can't help but agree with the latter part of his statement. Your efforts were certainly worthy of salutations, but I think the fix was in before anyone even went to Annapolis to testify. :sad20: Stockholm Syndrome is an easy trap for MD gun owners. We know that BGOS certainly is. Others may forget the shit sandwich we were fed in the name of Malley's presidental aspirations. I won't.

I don't think most of us were under any illusion that this thing was going through. Anyone who believed otherwise didn't do enough recon. The enemy holds most of the seats. They are safe, and they know it. We did get the sandwich with less shit and more tomato.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I pay plenty of taxes, and gave up many thousands of dollars in billing, paying for gas, tolls, parking etc. to be in Annapolis (a lot) to help make the changes. Many of us spent hours of our time talking with legislators to make these changes. People were there until 3 in the morning testifying before the house. You admonish me for not knowing "the whole story", then admit you were not in Annapolis to see anything that happened. Do you find it hypocritical that you then go on to give your opinion on something you don't know anything that happened because you weren't there? Nobody is putting themselves on a pedestal, what we did is a statement of fact. I totally understand that family comes before anything, but taking a dump on people's efforts isn't so nice.

Please point out where in my post that I "took a dump on people's efforts" as you say.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So when are the good people of Maryland going to officially challenge this in court given all the underhanded dealings that happened to get it passed?

Where is the useless NRA?

I recall a certain councilwoman even laughing about violating marylanders conditional rights while they recast the vote.

I'm just curious since its been quite some time, and there has to be some data about the uselessness of the law already.

We are raising money to challenge the HQL: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=172722

The Assault Weapons Ban has been challenged in court, with NRA money.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=172367

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We are raising money to challenge the HQL: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=172722

The Assault Weapons Ban has been challenged in court, with NRA money.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=172367

Everyone would love to see a quote of how much NRA money is going into the fund. Without the public disclosure, it always looks like 10 cents from NRA and $200,000 from MSI

To continue to get significant contributions from MD members, NRA needs to "show us the money" "its going on the the background where you don't see it" doesn't cut it

Feb 28, 2013
    Please point out where in my post that I "took a dump on people's efforts" as you say.

This part of your statement could be interpreted that way...

I was doing my part of emails, phone calls, letters, and talking to every neighbor and person that would listen about this situation as well as donating and sending packages to our troops and wounded warriors, so please don't put yourselves up on a pedestal and try to talk down on me unless you know the whole story. I was not in Annapolis...I had two small children and a sick mother to help take care of as well as working up to 80hrs a WEEK. Someone had to stay back and work to pay taxes while some of you were able to enjoy yourselves in Annapolis

....Although I get the picture. Someone has to be dead before we're allowed a day off where I work.:sad20:

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    This part of your statement could be interpreted that way...

....Although I get the picture. Someone has to be dead before we're allowed a day off where I work.:sad20:

The only part that I can even remotely think that "offends" someone is where I said about enjoying yourselves in Annapolis and I said that with a smile and wink. How could that not have been enjoyable...being around many like minded gun lovers and 2nd Amendment supporters fighting for our rights. Although I said and do believe that the fix was already in, I still would've been there if it would've been possible. Me saying that I did my part of emails, phone calls, talking to neighbors etc was my response to "were you even in Annapolis?" Trust me, I would've rather been able to be in Annapolis for that than my mother being sick and eventually hospitalized, working up to 80hrs a week where at times I had to stay awake for over 40hrs because my wife works a different shift than me. I would come home from working 16hrs and have to stay up with my kids and care for my mom, and then with no sleep go back to work. And still I did what I could to stop SB 281. Maybe I interpreted his post wrong, maybe my original post was interpreted wrong. Regardless it doesn't matter. I will respectfully bow out here and make no more mention of anything here on MD Shooters unless it is to inquire about something. Thanks to those of you who replied to my original post with informative answers instead of acting like I had no business posting it because I don't have a clue what is going on and I didn't go to Annapolis.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Well its kinda hard to attend when your 1200 miles away, but the bottom line it still passed despite everyones efforts (which I recall were very extensive).

The point of the post was I remember that it only passed after a revote was cast.

I was just curious on the progress, if any, to get it reversed.

I'm a life long NRA member, and I say they are uselss. Unless of course you are a FUDD and shoot a 20 gauge. 7N6 ban...crickets, the list is endless.
    And once again you display a lack of knowledge on the subject. SB281 did not pass due to a re-vote and there wasn't a chance in hell of it being defeated. The only re-vote was on a single amendment that passed during the House Judiciary hearings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom