Connecticut- The coming second shot heard around the world..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What exactly was their "ostensible" reason for wanting people to register their firearms?

Was it to keep them safe? Am curious what reason they argued when passing the law...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The "reason"? No "reasoning" necessary to pass legislation in this day and age.

"For the children."
    "If it saves just one life."
    "Common sense."

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The reason is "muh feelins"

Actually there is only ONE reason to register. It's to confiscate later on. Unfortunately for them, people realize this and don't register.

Later on the antis will claim that registered "assault weapons" and standard capacity magazines registered and allowed to be kept were a "loophole" just like private sales are and that legislators should "finish the job"

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Bob Owens chimes in ...

A couple of articles from BearingArms.com -

Connecticut Crisis: Who Are The Police?

There are many good cops who will defend the constitution. There are some, however, who will “just follow orders,” no matter what those orders are, unfortunately, and even a few who are nothing more than thugs with a badge. It is the latter kind which makes the current situation in Connecticut so dangerous.

It's also the latter which will be the 2nd 'shot heard around the world' ...

Connecticut Cop: “I Can’t Wait To Get The Order To Kick Your Door In”

There is resistance to enforcing this law among a number of police officers in Connecticut. Just 250 officers {out of @ 7,000 local police} is hardly a significant number, however, and it only takes enough to conduct one raid for Murphy and the law of unintended consequences to kick in.

On Apr 19, 1775, the 'intent' of the actual British order was to seize and destroy the American's guns and supplies.

The Shot Heard Around the World - APRIL 19, 1775

"Having received Intelligence, that a Quantity of Ammunition, Provision, Artillery, Tents and small Arms, have been collected at Concord, for the Avowed Purpose of raising and supporting a Rebellion against His Majesty, you will March with the Corps of Grenadiers and Light Infantry, put under your Command, with utmost expedition and Secrecy to Concord, where you will seize and destroy all Artillery, Ammunition, Provisions, Tents, Small Arms, and all Military Stores whatever ..." (Per Order of General Gage to Lt. Colonel F. Smith, of the Kings Troops.

“No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.” - Colin Powell :innocent0

"Within the town, scattered through the cellars and attics and outbuildings of at least twenty-five houses, the provincials had concealed ten tons of musket balls and cartridges, thirty-five half barrels of powder, 350 tents, fourteen medicine chests, eighty barrels of beef, eight and a half tons of salt fish, seventeen and a half tons of rye, 318 barrels of flour, 100 barrels of salt, ... hundreds of axes, canteens, reams of cartridge paper ... and ... a substantial number of cannon and gun carriages of varying sizes... ."

Sounds like a scene from an A&E 'Special'; "The 'Preppers' of 1775" ...

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    A showdown is developing between a sizable number of Connecticut state police officers and the politicians who passed into law highly restrictive gun control, gun bans, and bans on high capacity magazines.
    Gun rights legal expert and activist David Hardy reported Friday that 250 law enforcement officers in Connecticut have signed an open letter stating that they will not enforce the new anti-gun and magazine laws, which they consider to be a violation of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

A major news story on these developments is due to be published soon, but Hardy received an advanced notice via email from Tyler Jackson, the head of the Connecticut Peace Officers Association, the organization that sent the open letter.

http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-police-refuse-to-enforce-new-gun-laws

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    "Within the town, scattered through the cellars and attics and outbuildings of at least twenty-five houses, the provincials had concealed ten tons of musket balls and cartridges, thirty-five half barrels of powder, 350 tents, fourteen medicine chests, eighty barrels of beef, eight and a half tons of salt fish, seventeen and a half tons of rye, 318 barrels of flour, 100 barrels of salt, ... hundreds of axes, canteens, reams of cartridge paper ... and ... a substantial number of cannon and gun carriages of varying sizes... ."

I'd like to know how that was organized and who paid for it.
    The older I get, the more I realize how little American history I learned in school.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This may get ugly and turn into a large scale Waco or ruby ridge.

Possibly, but I don't think the state really wants to incite a small scale civil war. I think this will be resolved peacefully one way or another. Theres a LOT more pressure on the politicians than anyone else.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't support the LEOs who will act on this. this is the time for certain law enforcement to stand up and be counted for doing the right thing, and in this case nothing.I think if it comes down to a standoff it blend much differently then Waco or Ruby Ridge.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just checked CSPOA, and there are ZERO sheriffs in CT, RI, MA, VT or ME (and only 1 in NH) signed on to refuse to enforce Unconstitutional laws...

So, if the Pols won't budge, and CSP is determined to follow through, it seems it's entirely on rank and file officers/deputies, and the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom