• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    lol, Range Report on a 556 AR pistol in Mississippi...

My buddy fired his a few times in a Indoor range and was asked to step outside with it.

He said it wasnt the 18" fireball from the muzzle blast that got the attention of EVERYONE!...

Its was that the concussion from the blast was knocking the drywall popcorn from the ceiling :lol2:

One guy blurted, "it looks like Christmas in here" haha

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    :lol2::lol2:

I imagine so!! Having shot mine outdoors a bunch, there is NO WAY that I would ever venture indoors to shoot that bad boy.. The concussion from a short bbl'd AR pistol is pretty eye opening..

After shooting my 7.5" AR pistol for a while, I decided to give the barrel about a 3" stretch... I think the 10.5" will be a little less flashy, but still has a big boom... LOL ;)

morechaching

Apr 7, 2013
    I shot exactly one round thru mine when I finished it late summer. It too has a 7.5" barrel. It deafened me even with hearing protection. And I'm a leftie, did not hold it away from my body and singed most of the hair off my right body. Probably one day will convert it to something else.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I shot exactly one round thru mine when I finished it late summer. It too has a 7.5" barrel. It deafened me even with hearing protection. And I'm a leftie, did not hold it away from my body and singed most of the hair off my right body. Probably one day will convert it to something else.

Shooting a righty ar pistol left handed sucks, that's why you build it with lefty parts. I'm just about ready to finish up my lefty 10" suppressed 300 blackout. Should be awesome when done.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

My new build is a 7.5 inch, I'm a leftie and I didn't find it too overly loud, never noticed a big fireball either.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Shooting a righty ar pistol left handed sucks, that's why you build it with lefty parts. I'm just about ready to finish up my lefty 10" suppressed 300 blackout. Should be awesome when done.

Just finished an 8.2" 300 blackout pistol build. 220 smk's through a can are pretty quiet. Have yet to try it with supers and the kx3.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC

Aside from the ejector being on the same side as your face, what makes shooting an AR pistol as a lefty any different? Gas in the face from the ejection port?

Sincerely just curious since I've never shot an AR pistol, but was thinking of building one some day...

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    You boys have me skeert!

I have a couple of "O" lowers and was playing with the idea of building a pistol, but now...:ohnoes:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Aside from the ejector being on the same side as your face, what makes shooting an AR pistol as a lefty any different? Gas in the face from the ejection port?

Sincerely just curious since I've never shot an AR pistol, but was thinking of building one some day...

Gases and oil spray, hot brass down your shirt or burning your wrist.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I definitely turned a lot of heads with mine at free state due to the fireball, but the noise wasn't horrendous.

Get a linear compensator. Like a DPMS Levang or a Novrske KX-series. Directs a lot of noise down range. Helps a LOT.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    my buddy got a 1/2x28 ak-74 style 5.45 cal brake and put it on his 10 inch build

The gun handles great, the brake is INCREDIBLY effective...

However...

The concussion when you're standing to either side is literally bone jarring- it hits you in the chest like a punch.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Whew I hate shooting indoors. My ears take a beating even with doubled up ear pro.

That's pretty funny stuff though...at least folks had a sense of humor.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I definitely turned a lot of heads with mine at free state due to the fireball, but the noise wasn't horrendous.

Get a linear compensator. Like a DPMS Levang or a Novrske KX-series. Directs a lot of noise down range. Helps a LOT.
    I have been shooting a Kaw Valley linear comp on my 7.5" 556 and also my 10.5" 300AAC pistols, love them! Put a 10.5" bbl on the 556, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Perhaps this weekend... :thumbsup:

It makes a huge difference in the muzzle concussion beside and behind the gun compared to a brake or even a standard flash hider..

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I shot a freind's 10.5 SBR with a Dynacomp on it. All I can say is the muzzle flash was IMPRESSIVE. The concussion actually shook stuff off the ceiling down on us, dust, shell casings, etc rained down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom