• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10point

Mar 24, 2014
    Cecil county
    So 10 rounds is all you can get in Maryland,if i order higher capacity mags and have sent to say Delaware can I still use my credit card that has a Maryland address.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    In theory, your billing address does not matter. You could make an argument that you should make the order out of state.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    When Maryland starts going after real criminals I’ll start losing sleep on them matching the credit card transaction/billing address to shipping address.

10point

Mar 24, 2014
    Cecil county
    If I go to Delaware or Pa should I just buy with cash so no questions will be asked. I know when I bought Ruger 25 22cal round Mags at Cabela's in Delaware no questions were asked,but they don't have what i'm looking for so I have to go elsewhere.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If I go to Delaware or Pa should I just buy with cash so no questions will be asked. I know when I bought Ruger 25 22cal round Mags at Cabela's in Delaware no questions were asked,but they don't have what i'm looking for so I have to go elsewhere.

You can buy with whatever you want. It is perfectly legal to buy them out of state and bring them back.

10point

Mar 24, 2014
    Cecil county
    With everybody in this country worried about being sued for anything and everything, I did not know if guns shops were/would be trying to Cover their A***S.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    With everybody in this country worried about being sued for anything and everything, I did not know if guns shops were/would be trying to Cover their A***S.
    In reality, nothing to CYA from. That's not to say there aren't out of state FFLs who don't know that fact though...

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    MSP sent out an advisory recently addressing the issue. Their opinion is if the sale is from Maryland it's a no go. Least that's how I read it.

Not sure how it could be enforced, etc. or how much weight an advisory would hold.

TD

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    When Maryland starts going after real criminals I’ll start losing sleep on them matching the credit card transaction/billing address to shipping address.

Sorry to burst your bubble. They don’t care about going after criminals. The only care about go after people that disagree with them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I may or may not have used my MD-billed card to buy some standard mags directly from Sig, shipped to a friendly address across the river in VA.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's possible that I, or someone with a similar name and appearance, might have purchased some standard mags from gun stores and gun show in other states, using a credit card with a MD billing address. My powers of recollection are sadly somewhat Clintonesque.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Midway will allow you to, at least so I hear. :innocent0
    Did Virginia ever pass mag restrictions?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

A lot of that.

They could sure try to make a case that the nexus of business activity was where you were generating the payment, which would be from within Maryland. But that's going to be a lot harder to prosecute when the business is out of state, the magazines go to an address out of state and you take possession out of state.

I am not saying no state has ever prosecuted a case like that for other things, but its not as straight forward a prosecution. You'd be in NJ territory trying to prosecute people or businesses simply because something is offered for sale on the internet and they don't take extraordinary steps to ensure someone with a MD IP address can't click "buy".

That said, I pretty much leave it to buying them out of state period. I am not so far away from a border I can't take a half an hour drive, sit in a parking lot and put in an order to be delivered to a UPS store or friend out of state and then go pick it up in a week. Or just buy them at gun shows or stores out of state when I am not in Maryland.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Buy from magwarehouse.com and they will ship your order to an out of state address plus you get good prices. I don't know for sure, but Joebob's might also do this.

My only issue is the only way to be sure of UPS shipping is do next day or air and its expensive that way. Couple of UPS stores I've had stuff delivered to before gave me a "we can't accept mail from USPS and this is the last time we will accept delivery".

Midway, which I haven't ordered mags from (well, not >10 round mags) and had delivered out of state UPS ground shipping is a regular option.

So with Gunmagwarehouse I've always put in "big" orders to make paying $25 in shipping worth while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom