Need heating / AC replaced in SE Carroll, any recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Living in the Eldersburg area, looking if anyone has real experience and can recommend a firm to do our HVAC (natural gas), as it's nearly 18 years old.

We tried getting recommendations from FB friends (wife's idea) and came up with three and only one showed. (Carroll Home services, if you have any feedback would love to hear that as well)

We are looking at a quality system, Trane or Carrier.

Anyone you can recommend that did work for you or family would be great!

Thanks in advance!

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Thanks all! Sent PBHarvey an email and am contacting Comfort Air to see if they can take a look as well. I always feel better with 2 bids.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I am in a similar (kinda) boat.
    Getting Natural Gas in January (finally)
    Going to replace my furnace and AC units. (My furnace and AC are 35 yrs old, and the last maintenance visit guy said "it's gettin to be time...)
    Going to get estimates from BGE Home, Carrol, and one other (don't know yet).

Currently, have Oil heat, oil-fired hot water heater and reg AC.
    Thinking a gas furnace and a heat pump, or gas furnace and AC unit.

Keeping the oil-fired hot water heater as I just replaced it last year for a cost of over $2500. When it dies (hopefully 10 yrs) I'll go gas there too.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    We have used Scardina out of Millersville for quite awhile. They replaced our old heat/ac unit and do our routine maint. Very pleased with service, price and their professionalism. Dont know their service area but they cover Columbia.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    We have used Scardina out of Millersville for quite awhile. They replaced our old heat/ac unit and do our routine maint. Very please with servixe, price and the ir professionalism. Dont know their service area but they cover Columbia.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am in a similar (kinda) boat.
    Getting Natural Gas in January (finally)
    Going to replace my furnace and AC units. (My furnace and AC are 35 yrs old, and the last maintenance visit guy said "it's gettin to be time...)
    Going to get estimates from BGE Home, Carrol, and one other (don't know yet).

Currently, have Oil heat, oil-fired hot water heater and reg AC.
    Thinking a gas furnace and a heat pump, or gas furnace and AC unit.

Keeping the oil-fired hot water heater as I just replaced it last year for a cost of over $2500. When it dies (hopefully 10 yrs) I'll go gas there too.

If you’re north of Richmond do not get a heatpump. Totally suck. I’m as far west in Fredneck county as you can get and wish I had propane heat. Friend in WVa has it and it’s actually warm when it comes out and not like a draft like with a heatpump. Mine is a 3T Lennox which is about 14 years old. Replaced it and the airhandler unit around 2005.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    My mother lived in Finksburg for 20 years and loved the service she got from A Quality on Deer Park Road

I used them to service the unit after she passed and my step dad still lived in the house and had them do a full service as part of the Pre-home inspection routine.

I liked their responsiveness, pricing and the technicians were prompt, efficient and pleasant.

Mom had several rental properties in Carrol County and I believe she used the same firm to service all of her rentals

https://www.aqualityhvac.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkuether

Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Thank you all again for the recommendations.

I have three now, and if one falls through will pick up another!

Carrier has a sale... So looking to go with them.

Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    I would recommend my Father-in-law's business M&T Mechanical. He is located in Taneytown. 410-415-1538

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom