• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    People should use this law against every politician who votes for this. Once their guns are gone their tune will change or the law will. :D

Oh, just like the law was used to put Hillary in prison? Sorry, but it won't work that way. There are TWO classes of people...politicians that laws don't apply to and citizens in which the law does apply:mad54:
    I guess we should all start wearing body cams 24/7.
    What a great way for the left to have police disarmed...every criminal arrested and their families will try to use this law against police and correctional officers.
    I HATE MARYLAND politicians.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I have no problem with the concept of making sure that dangerous and unstable persons do not have access to guns. However, there has to be due process. There has to be the standard of the accused having the right to confront his accuser right up front and before any action is taken against the accused. This ongoing ******** of guilty until proven innocent is a scourge on our society.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Not sure if I already mentioned this story on MD Shooters already, but I'll tell it again.
    A friend's wife had been cheating on him for several months with one of his friends .Friend confronts Romeo about it, in which Romeo denies it, until friend shows Romeo texts in which wife admitted to relations with Romeo. The wife leaves my friend to go have her drunken fun with "Romeo" while my friend tries to juggle work and their two small children.
    Then one day the Sheriff shows up at my friend's house to collect his guns. Why? Because soon to be ex wife filed a claim that my friend showed Romeo naked pics of her to him on his phone while they were at the gym. Now think about this for a second and reread what I just said. Who in their right mind would show naked pics of their wife to the guy who she is cheating on them with? His firearms were confiscated and he had to get an attorney. My friend showed me everything...the order she filed and all. And all it said was that he allegedly showed nude pics of her to "Romeo". This just happened a few months ago in good ole Maryland. He did get his firearms back after he and the attorney met with her and she changed her story.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    From another thread:

Here we go...

Seattle Police Begin Gun Confiscations: No Laws Broken, No Warrant, No Charges
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...scations-no-laws-broken-no-warrant-no-charges

A man in Seattle has had his gun confiscated by police after breaking no laws. The police took his gun without a warrant and without pressing any charges. Tyranny has officially taken hold on American soil.

...The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous and they’ve just begun the confiscation. A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges. The man was not identified by authorities.

Neighbors complained that the man had been “staring” at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm. He was not brandishing his weapon by any account, and open carrying is legal in the area, so he was abiding by the law. Other residents also complained that the man’s open carrying made them feel “uncomfortable” and “unsafe...”

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why the characterization of Dumais as a "nasty" divorce attorney? I was a witness at a hearing for a friend (male) she represented. I didn't note anything nasty, only winning. You may not like her politically, but anyone getting a divorce I'd recommend her, or hope your spouse doesn't have her.

I know.. she's an anti.. so let your spouse take you to the cleaners instead.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If this bill passes, guess who will the first to receive a gun collection visit? Yes, some ex-spouse who had to face her in a divorce will file against her.

The popcorn would be epic.

Oh, and can ethics violations then be filed because lawyer xyz was subject to this order and had her guns removed?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The lack of due process is a problem.....

Here's a fun one to think about. What about when the criminals, and the antifa and copwatch types start taking these orders out against police officers. Someone decides they don't like a cop for whatever reason and they're off to District Court to file. Opening these orders up to any nut with a grudge or obsession is so fraught with danger to law-abiding people it's insane.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Along with a God awful process of gun seizures by some disinterested person, we as property owners of firearms would spend a life savings and more to defend
    yourself in court. To what end....:(

zeeessshhhh. At 71, never arrested and a clean record Background, exemplary military service I'd most likely win, but with a huge cost.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Reads that only 12% of delegates voted against. Only 12% of the House is Republican?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Not sure if I already mentioned this story on MD Shooters already, but I'll tell it again.
    A friend's wife had been cheating on him for several months with one of his friends .Friend confronts Romeo about it, in which Romeo denies it, until friend shows Romeo texts in which wife admitted to relations with Romeo. The wife leaves my friend to go have her drunken fun with "Romeo" while my friend tries to juggle work and their two small children.
    Then one day the Sheriff shows up at my friend's house to collect his guns. Why? Because soon to be ex wife filed a claim that my friend showed Romeo naked pics of her to him on his phone while they were at the gym. Now think about this for a second and reread what I just said. Who in their right mind would show naked pics of their wife to the guy who she is cheating on them with? His firearms were confiscated and he had to get an attorney. My friend showed me everything...the order she filed and all. And all it said was that he allegedly showed nude pics of her to "Romeo". This just happened a few months ago in good ole Maryland. He did get his firearms back after he and the attorney met with her and she changed her story.

This was so typical of the ex parte cases I saw as a police officer. I saw far, far more cases like this than actual abuse situations.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Unfortunately if this abomination passes one of a gun owner's best defenses will be not letting people know he/she owns guns.
    Every criminal will file one against every judge in the state... What happens to the case if every judge has to recuse himself...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We, the gun community, can find a way to use this against the anti's. Just saying.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Unfortunately if this abomination passes one of a gun owner's best defenses will be not letting people know he/she owns guns.

Probably way too late for most of us.

Attachments

• timmy_digging_hole.jpg
      timmy_digging_hole.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 596

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    This is just a plain and simple a bad bill. But when does that stop the MGA. You think with the number of attorneys on the MGA, they would see the potential for abuse of it.
    Oh wait, never mind, it's good for business.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Unfortunately, we have not made any allies outside the gun community. ACLU is our friend on this, and in the past has been opposed to these on due process grounds. So have professional orgs of mental health professionals. Other states that have these, they have not been abused... yet.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    faxes and emails sent. no time for snail mail. light up the phones Monday!

also include Mike Miller in this effort obviously he has a lot of influence on moving this bill or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom