• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Basically MDS's version of Dr Fauchi. Some worship him and enjoy his armorer's classes, some question a former part time gunsmith building a career out of "unconventional" practices.
    I have enjoyed his classes. His "special sauce" and suggestions related to it however ...

I also think its funny how everyone forgets some of his other statements over the years, like how AK's used to be the greatest things ever.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Chad has worked on a few rifles I had problems with and he fixed them quickly. I haven’t heard of many complaints about his work, so don’t think it’s fair to denigrate his knowledge and skills.

As for lube, you do you….

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Chad has worked on a few rifles I had problems with and he fixed them quickly. I haven’t heard of many complaints about his work, so don’t think it’s fair to denigrate his knowledge and skills.

As for lube, you do you….

I dont think I have denigrated his knowledge, unlike some who responded to my warning about mixing random lubes in their garage with how much of an idiot I am for suggesting that something he said may be wrong.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I dont think I have denigrated his knowledge, unlike some who responded to my warning about mixing random lubes in their garage with how much of an idiot I am for suggesting that something he said may be wrong.

Not directed at you at all. Chad is a polarizing figure, no doubt. He does good work, and that’s a fact. He has the attention of many in the industry as well.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I love the pink goop that is known a Chad’s sauce.
    It works well and he knows his sheet.

The beauty is YOUR firearm is YOURS. Lube as you choose.

Enjoy your flavor of spoog

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Not directed at you at all. Chad is a polarizing figure, no doubt.

I've typed and deleted a lot of responses to some of the posts in this thread. I dont want to see someone ruin their firearm, but fudge it's hard to hold my sarcasm back some times and not be an @sshole. His video is what I said in my original post, minus some of the more detailed understanding. But some here think I'm a dumbass for posting it months ago based on what I saw happening. Yeah I gloated when he posted the video. I dont care enough to actually look up what he did, because I dont use it. But he should and he hasn't, which I think speaks volumes. But he knows the AR platform well enough. I am glad he is doing his thing and making people look at the platform better. Just like I am glad p80 is making money and growing things, even though I can't stand them due to their original lack of a manufacturing plan and trusting the Chinese manufacturer that caused issues that I called out then. But this is just me being a bit @sshole right now. I can be an @sshole often enough. And I'm a couple pours into tasting a few different whiskeys.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    The beauty is YOUR firearm is YOURS. Lube as you choose.

Enjoy your flavor of spoog

It's funny. Every time someone gets pissed at me on this forum, it's usually from a statement that I preceded with something to that effect. But my opinion and choice is usually contradictory to theirs and they don't like that. People don't like to have their view of the world challenged. It's human nature.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've typed and deleted a lot of responses to some of the posts in this thread. I dont want to see someone ruin their firearm, but fudge it's hard to hold my sarcasm back some times and not be an @sshole. His video is what I said in my original post, minus some of the more detailed understanding. But some here think I'm a dumbass for posting it months ago based on what I saw happening. Yeah I gloated when he posted the video. I dont care enough to actually look up what he did, because I dont use it. But he should and he hasn't, which I think speaks volumes. But he knows the AR platform well enough. I am glad he is doing his thing and making people look at the platform better. Just like I am glad p80 is making money and growing things, even though I can't stand them due to their original lack of a manufacturing plan and trusting the Chinese manufacturer that caused issues that I called out then. But this is just me being a bit @sshole right now. I can be an @sshole often enough. And I'm a couple pours into tasting a few different whiskeys.

Enjoy your whiskey! Hope you don’t get too far in your cups. I’m enjoying some cold Pinot Grigio.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's funny. Every time someone gets pissed at me on this forum, it's usually from a statement that I preceded with something to that effect. But my opinion and choice is usually contradictory to theirs and they don't like that. People don't like to have their view of the world challenged. It's human nature.

I think it’s more pronounced in the firearms community. Very few beta males.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

...or perhaps you've been voicing you contrary opinions in the wrong 'forum'...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=188529

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom