• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Slight tweak on the question, what if it is a new, different business? I got my permit on my existing business. I bought a new business. I may close my old business.

In that case I would give them all the docs for the new biz just like you did on the original application for the old biz. Articles of incorporation etc...

I'm guessing it won't be an issue as the biz has changed but you're still the owner.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    In that case I would give them all the docs for the new biz just like you did on the original application for the old biz. Articles of incorporation etc...

I'm guessing it won't be an issue as the biz has changed but you're still the owner.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Chiefscs

Sep 27, 2017
    SoMd
    My W&C was to run out end of Feb. I applied for a renewal 5 Jan. Sent in a check that day as well. I got a notified first of Feb they didn't have my check, so I sent another certified check. They got it and told me they were sending it back because I had already paid. I thought...here we go... I got an email on Friday saying I was missing something -- my security clearance and employment letter. I got a new security clearance letter sent to me today and sent it along with my previously submitted employment letter. I got an email back within a couple of hours saying a decision had been made and a letter would be coming. I got on-line and saw it was denied. Here we go again. Unbelievable. When I was first issued, I went through initial denial, then the one-on-one informal interview for further denial, and then to the HPRB which did overturn the denial and issue my W&C. But here I am again, once again denied, this time on the renewal. I am a retired military guy, work in (top 3 GS grades) management for the Dept of AF, affected by OPM breech, Secret Clearance but with "special" circumstances and I work in the same area with others that are TS -- I just don't work some of the specific tasks that require it -- I am working AF corporate logistics plans/programs/warfighting equipment/SCIF duties etc. (more involved). Working for military now for more than 40 years. Perfect target for the bad guys, in and out of the country. We know we are being watched. We get notifications we are getting watched and to watch out for them. I immediately hit the review button when I saw it was denied, so I guess I will get an interview date/time in the mail...again.... I am having a hard time getting my head wrapped around this! I was looking to see the status of the HPRB -- is it still around or not?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Now it's an administrative hearing, not the review board.

Which is, effectively, a mini-trial, involving lawyers. And the hearing isn't about the merits of your application, it's about whether or not the MSP conducted their procedures correctly. And the correctness of the procedures is (badly, loosely, capriciously) defined BY the MSP, so the prospect of getting any relief there is slim indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom