• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Anyone know whatever happened with the Aero Precision PCC stuff that they showed off at Shot Show before lockdowns started? It was supposed to ship very soon according to them. I vaguely remember something about last round bolt hold open but generally they are good value. I hear CMMG stuff is really good but I've never shot anything of theirs.

As far as 9 mil ARs go if you want to shop locally you could check with Hannover Armory near BWI. I've not been there in quite a while so I don't know how much stock they have but they did make their own 9 mil ARs when last I stopped by.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Anyone know whatever happened with the Aero Precision PCC stuff that they showed off at Shot Show before lockdowns started? It was supposed to ship very soon according to them. I vaguely remember something about last round bolt hold open but generally they are good value. I hear CMMG stuff is really good but I've never shot anything of theirs.

As far as 9 mil ARs go if you want to shop locally you could check with Hannover Armory near BWI. I've not been there in quite a while so I don't know how much stock they have but they did make their own 9 mil ARs when last I stopped by.

The CMMG radial delayed blowback PCCs are the shizzat.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn

Woh.. Never heard of them will have to check it out

psybersapien

May 21, 2017

I just got notification from Aero Precision yesterday on their PCC offering. Right now, they're saying 3/3/21.
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/epc

psybersapien

May 21, 2017
    The CMMG radial delayed blowback PCCs are the shizzat.

CMMG is what I'm settling on. I tried nine ways to Sunday to come up with the components to make the Banshee Mk17 an MD compliant SBR (OAL >= 29"). I couldn't make it work without making mods I didn't want (e.g. MOE SL stock) so I bailed. i'm going for CMMG's Resolute offering in 9mm instead. I like what I've read so far about the radial delayed blowback system.

If I really, really want to SBR the Resolute at some point, maybe I can have the barrel shortened since there is no gas block issue to contend with.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Looks a lot like the FOXTROT MIKE offering.

Borrows a lot from the New Frontier design, with the LRBHO in the upper. Looks good, but really wish they had some type of delayed or locking design, not straight blowback. Have wanted to do a RDB with 5" barrel in an SBR to suppress, but parts are impossible to find for now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Borrows a lot from the New Frontier design, with the LRBHO in the upper. Looks good, but really wish they had some type of delayed or locking design, not straight blowback. Have wanted to do a RDB with 5" barrel in an SBR to suppress, but parts are impossible to find for now.

I have that set-up. Adapted to run on a Colt pattern lower because my AR-9 shortie is pre-13 and registered at 22”. I didn’t want to have to do another shortie and keep it at 29”. Ultimate going to weld a suppressor to the barrel and use a Glock lower.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have that set-up. Adapted to run on a Colt pattern lower because my AR-9 shortie is pre-13 and registered at 22”. I didn’t want to have to do another shortie and keep it at 29”. Ultimate going to weld a suppressor to the barrel and use a Glock lower.

Have a lot of Glock 33rd mags for my other AR9s, so want to stick to that format, of course the 29" thing isn't a problem up here. Kinda wish the RDB worked better with 3rd party lowers, but guess the $375 CMMG lower is pretty nice.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Have a lot of Glock 33rd mags for my other AR9s, so want to stick to that format, of course the 29" thing isn't a problem up here. Kinda wish the RDB worked better with 3rd party lowers, but guess the $375 CMMG lower is pretty nice.

It works fine with the New Frontier Armory Glock lowers. The 80%’s were about $120 before all this nonsense.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Still curious why the foxtrot Mike uppers don't work on spikes. Lowers... But guess I'll pick up a aero upper instead

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Still curious why the foxtrot Mike uppers don't work on spikes. Lowers... But guess I'll pick up a aero upper instead

It’s an issue with the bolt. I bought a Gen 1 YHM 9mm lower and it specifically said it would not work with a FTM bolt. I’m guessing that lower was build around the same specs as the Spike’s. I ended up using a Faxon 9mm bolt and it runs perfectly.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    It’s an issue with the bolt. I bought a Gen 1 YHM 9mm lower and it specifically said it would not work with a FTM bolt. I’m guessing that lower was build around the same specs as the Spike’s. I ended up using a Faxon 9mm bolt and it runs perfectly.

interesting, i dunno if i wanna chance buying a FTM upper, then buying a new bolt for it, and still not have it work...

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    interesting, i dunno if i wanna chance buying a FTM upper, then buying a new bolt for it, and still not have it work...

FWIW I regret not getting the CMMG upper with their proprietary bolt system. My AR9 works perfectly but the CMMG shoots so much flatter.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m a minimalist and a newb any reason to go AR9 over mp5 clone?

MP5 clone would be a better platform as it is delayed blowback. The exception would be the CMMG radial delayed blowback offering. Direct blowback requires a lot of mass to tame. My direct blowback AR9 has a 9 ounce buffer and uses a .308 buffer spring. My RDB gun uses a JP Captured spring. Much less felt recoil.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I just got notification from Aero Precision yesterday on their PCC offering. Right now, they're saying 3/3/21.
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/epc

By the time I finally noticed they were sold out. Hopefully next time works out better. Well at least if there are issues I can find some reviews first

I'll be honest, I've heard so much PC type talk lately that Foxtrot Mike was not the first combination my brain processed for that acronym.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I’m a minimalist and a newb any reason to go AR9 over mp5 clone?
    The ergos on the AR-9 kick the MP5's ass. Trigger weight, safety accessibility, ability to put on a long handguard, etc. Approximately zero serious competitive shooters use the MP5 platform for PCC, and there's a reason for that. I tried using an MP5-alike once at a falling steel match, and I felt like I was fighting the gun the entire time.

For AR-9s, CMMG can also provide a non-straight-blowback option (and JP will, too, eventually). Frankly, modern buffer technologies also provide a surprising amount of recoil mitigation - the days where dumping some sort of monster 10oz buffer into your gun was the best option are long behind us, thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom