• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Everyone should take some time to see the framework all the ANTIs are using to come after us.

A lot you knew, but plenty more here...

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

Thanks R&R.

Sun Tzu in The Art if War offers us a great deal of guidance, but this comes first to mind right now:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Read their 80 pages. Know their mind and their moves before they make them. Know your moves, too.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    In reading through that 80 page PDF, I had a thought: That's 20 minutes of my life that I would have rather spent studying the 17 page U.S. Constitution.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Great post. This is what we see playing out every day from the media. We already know the NRA is a top target and the document really pushes this idea. Hopefully the publicity will push membership and donation numbers higher.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    This line kind of got to me...

"#1: ALWAYS FOCUS ON EMOTIONAL AND VALUE-DRIVEN
    ARGUMENTS ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE, NOT THE POLITICAL
    FOOD FIGHT IN WASHINGTON OR WONKY STATISTICS."

How about those wonky statistics?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This line kind of got to me...

"#1: ALWAYS FOCUS ON EMOTIONAL AND VALUE-DRIVEN
    ARGUMENTS ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE, NOT THE POLITICAL
    FOOD FIGHT IN WASHINGTON OR WONKY STATISTICS."

How about those wonky statistics?

Like I said in another thread. You'll just confuse their followers with numbers.

Is this 80 pages in comic-book format?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It reads like it was written by a professional political consultant. There's a strong dependence on the NRA as the common villain in the narrative. Very effective in the near term, especially while emotions run high after an isolated event with high emotional impact. Score some victories, then go back into waiting for another event to exploit.

I won't go into details here, but in the long run it's not a good idea for an advocacy group, or political movement, to define itself by its adversary. And that's exactly what some of the key anti groups are doing. If you let a smart adversary define you, they will, and not in a way that suits your interests.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    No authorities on crime, firearms, violence, mental illness, just a bunch of journalist hacks and media mavens. It really does show that they don’t really care about truth, just a message. I saved it as a pdf to my iBooks to read a bit more later.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It reads like it was written by a professional political consultant. There's a strong dependence on the NRA as the common villain in the narrative. Very effective in the near term, especially while emotions run high after an isolated event with high emotional impact. Score some victories, then go back into waiting for another event to exploit.

I won't go into details here, but in the long run it's not a good idea for an advocacy group, or political movement, to define itself by its adversary. And that's exactly what some of the key anti groups are doing. If you let a smart adversary define you, they will, and not in a way that suits your interests.

We’ve seen a master at that recently, “low energy Jeb”, “crooked Hillary”, “failing New York Times”, lyin’ Ted”, “moonbeam Brown”.....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Done

Someone should archive it, in case it gets taken down, and forwarded to appropriate media outlets.

Along with countless other related anti-gun manifestos, including THIS ONE from right here in the PRofMD courtesy of Owe'Malley's FIL, former AG, and Frosh benefactor Joe Curran.

Attachments

• Curran Manifesto.JPG
      Curran Manifesto.JPG
      59.3 KB · Views: 67
    • A Farewell To Arms - Curran.pdf
      728.5 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member