• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Gun Shack is operating on reduced hours...Tuesday-Saturday 12-4 and by appointment only. Maybe that's been rescinded with the state opening back up so call for sure.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Have you thought about the effect on resale value of firing that Colt?

There are plenty of non-collector grade revolvers out there. Just be sure you understand the financial implications of so much as cocking the hammer. If you're okay with it, blast away.

Meanwhile, the Dragoon served Mattie Ross's daddy well at Chickamauga. I know if I had a big ol' hoss pistol like that, I wouldn't be skeered of no booger man.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Have you thought about the effect on resale value of firing that Colt?

There are plenty of non-collector grade revolvers out there. Just be sure you understand the financial implications of so much as cocking the hammer. If you're okay with it, blast away.

Meanwhile, the Dragoon served Mattie Ross's daddy well at Chickamauga. I know if I had a big ol' hoss pistol like that, I wouldn't be skeered of no booger man.

A little bit. I bought it for a decent price. Not too far off from the Uberti replicas, and there is controversy evidently as to whether the 3rd gen are "real" Colts, so shooting it won't bother me. Inhave cocked the hammer alreay and spun the cylinder, but I bought some non, or less corrosive powder to use in the Dragoon should I decide to shoot it.

Last edited:

Sirex