• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Dam you guys are ruthless lol,

I cant even ask for a simple suggestion sheesh

God helps those who helps themselves. If Google shows others with the same complaint it should have many solutions/suggestions.

On this forum, "Search" can be your friend especially for simple questions and answers

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So i did a google search, and i am not the only one complaining about this damn safety.

Someone suggested ordering a glock17 gen3 trigger since it is smooth face and rigged, so i just ordered that from midwayusa.com

So i will give that a shot

Mine bothers me too. I have to track down who made it, not positive it is Glock OEM as I got it as part of a frame build kit.

If I don’t wear gloves after 2 boxes my trigger finger aches all day. The dingus rubs my finger under recoil. Gloves on I can still feel it, but it is only mildly uncomfortable. Not sure if the edges of the safety just need a bit of sand paper, or it is the shape of the trigger itself or what. I’ve mostly just lived with it.

However with a probably homemade gun ban soon to be passed (yes I am fighting it. No I haven’t given up. Worst comes to worst I have a G17 80% and I build a G34 or 17L on he other frame) I got an actual Glock 17 Gen 3 frame a few days ago. When I transfer everything over to it I’ll probably look at replacing the trigger.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    I also ordered a ghost connector to make the trigger pull little lighter,

I will measure my stock trigger pull tomorrow and measure it after i install the connect i ordered.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I think I know your problem........

050A48F9-EC0F-44EA-8AB4-AA0E6E9B8A9E.jpeg

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I also ordered a ghost connector to make the trigger pull little lighter,

I will measure my stock trigger pull tomorrow and measure it after i install the connect i ordered.

You know the funny thing... In my Gen4 Glock I put a connector in and loved it. I did the same for my Gen5 19 and disliked it so much that I took right back out. For me, it just made the trigger feel spongy (yeah yeah - not a technical term but I like it :) ).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    You know the funny thing... In my Gen4 Glock I put a connector in and loved it. I did the same for my Gen5 19 and disliked it so much that I took right back out. For me, it just made the trigger feel spongy (yeah yeah - not a technical term but I like it :) ).

Yup. I've shot a ton of glocks. The lighter weight connectors generally remove any crispness to the break. Basically by changing the angle, it's less force, but over a longer distance sooo... spongy.

The better glock triggers I've felt have used the standard 5.5lb connector, but are worn smooth with use or purposely polished to smooth them out.

I do still dislike the grooved trigger faces though and it's one of the primary reasons I went with the m&p9c over the 26. I really wanted to like the 26, but just liked the feel and trigger of the m&p(w/apex) better.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019

Ohh okay, yea mine is gen 4,

You got any old trigger you want to sell? Or get rid off?

Or a red dot? Or a slide lol

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Sometimes you’ll get a glock with a slight edge on the trigger safety. It’s metal so a simple less expensive fix for the problem is to take a little $1 nail file and file the edge off. It takes maybe 5 minutes and presto......no more finger irritation.

ps: I borrowed the nail file from my wife who wears a dress.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Hello people,

. I have always shot sigs

I think I found the problem. You have transitioned from an excellent pistol to a Glock.

I mean, I get it. If you're shooting competition, you can shoot all day and then just throw it in a drawer at home. No need to clean. Not because Glocks are any tougher or more reliable than any other gun , its just really hard to care about them. They are almost disposable. Shoot them until the barrel is smooth and the rails are ate up and then just melt it down to make some Barbie dolls or something and get a new one.

Customizing a Glock is like hanging a chandelier in a haunted house.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I think I found the problem. You have transitioned from an excellent pistol to a Glock.

I mean, I get it. If you're shooting competition, you can shoot all day and then just throw it in a drawer at home. No need to clean. Not because Glocks are any tougher or more reliable than any other gun , its just really hard to care about them. They are almost disposable. Shoot them until the barrel is smooth and the rails are ate up and then just melt it down to make some Barbie dolls or something and get a new one.

Well...I also have this Sig P220 10mm that came from the factory with a bur on the barrel hood. It caused a failure to go into battery intermittently. The file I used to fix that came from my tool box so there was no dress attached to that source.

Of all the Glocks, Sigs, S&Ws, etc. I’ve owned I’ve had a few with minor issues that either I fixed or had to send in to be fixed. No one brand can claim any superiority over the other.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

I like Glock’s. I have more than a few and even some custom builds, but there is a lot of truth in this.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019

Yea i have figured that out, this dam trigger is soooo squishy and not smoooooth, i tried to make it smoother but it made it worse

Well...I also have this Sig P220 10mm that came from the factory with a bur on the barrel hood. It caused a failure to go into battery intermittently. The file I used to fix that came from my tool box so there was no dress attached to that source.

Of all the Glocks, Sigs, S&Ws, #1 etc. I’ve owned I’ve had a few with minor issues that either I fixed or had to send in to be fixed. No one brand #2 can claim any superiority over the other.

The important part of this quote is where "H&K" should be added: #1 or #2...
    My money is on replacing "No one brand" with "H&K" to make the comment factually correct.:innocent0

BTW- Seeing how the OP is rolling with the punches, I think he (she?) is going to fit in just fine around here.

Last edited:

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD

A Glock will always work, while Sigs are pot luck. Sig 365 is the latest example. Sig likes to beta test using its customers. Glocks are ugly, but they work.

I’m not even a Glock guy, but it’s true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom