• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Here's some comments from a former Eagle Scout and CIA agent who writes for USA Carry. One of the few people who doesn't care much about downtown Baltimore city...... perhaps the city just needs more gun laws or maybe that bullet tax thing.........:lol2:

'Several years ago, when I was a lot younger, and had very little money, I ended up in Newark, New Jersey for business. If you’ve never been to Newark, it’s a lot like Baltimore City. And if you haven’t been to either, both places are pretty much dumps and you’re not missing much.'

The entire article can be viewed here at USA Carry's website

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I went to Newark to watch a UFC fight and I'll never go back.

I try my best to spend ZERO money inside Baltimore City as it's largely a cess pool. There are nice places/people in Baltimore however the majority is horrible.

If they stopped spray painting, destroying property and started to pick up some of their trash on the street I'd consider going back.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've largely stopped going into Baltimore whenever I can avoid it.

My Brother in-Law's family is there, but they're in mostly-tolerable Mt. Washington.

Other than that, we might take the grandkids to an attraction or two a year and maybe an afternoon Os game...

But NEVER after dark, and never without a pretty good pig-sticker.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Baltimore- the armpit of MD!

(But what do I know, I'm in PG, the anus of the State.)

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I've worked in literally every part of the city to work in i've seen Everything from drug deals and stashes to finding spent fowty rounds lying in the street (see below)

I could also take you to neighborhoods inside City Limits with houses and people that would rival ANYTHING anywhere else in MD with the exception of some large horse farms

It's all about perception

Something i found lying next to a Sewer MH lid
    23d0bb0f.jpg

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Forgive my lack of comprehension, but I don't understand what you are getting at here.

I could also take you to neighborhoods inside City Limits with houses and people that would rival ANYTHING anywhere else in MD with the exception of some large horse farms

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I've worked in literally every part of the city to work in i've seen Everything from drug deals and stashes to finding spent fowty rounds lying in the street (see below)

It's all about perception

I to work all around the city. we often have to repair equipment that the natives like to shoot at with their boom sticks and then get mad at us because the lights and heat go out. F'ing morons. Then there are the times when we have to repair a street lights and are either told to wait 5 minutes while the corner pharmacies removes his product from the base of our pole or we reach in and in and find it ourselves at which time we just put it back and leave. The best is when we have to get in to DPW M.H. and find it littered with needles. There are a lot of diabetics in the city apparently.

But then again there are areas that if you were blind folded and dropped off you would never guess that you are well in side the city limits.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Proud to say that I have not even driven over the Baltimore City line since January, 2004.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I went to Newark to watch a UFC fight and I'll never go back.

I try my best to spend ZERO money inside Baltimore City as it's largely a cess pool. There are nice places/people in Baltimore however the majority is horrible.

If they stopped spray painting, destroying property and started to pick up some of their trash on the street I'd consider going back.

How true. I also enjoy watching the "youths" ride their dirt bikes in packs of 30 or more terrorizing businesses and commuters.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    ah Touche'

I feel the same bout the city. only time I go down there is get to the stadium. I use to go to the Cop SHop but don't do that anymore after a negative experience there.

I've been to Newark too....that is a Major ******** and I don't ever plan on going back there.

lovefreedom82

Feb 15, 2012
    Owings Mills, Maryland
    From my experience, in Baltimore City had it ups and downs. I remember I had to call 911 and the line was busy for 3-5 minutes before I got through. Then, I was placed on hold for another two minutes before someone assisted me. I am glad that I didn't had just a second to rely on law enforcement to rescue me.

I still I have love for Baltimore because my roots was started there. I have a lot of family members who resides in Baltimore City. There are some good neighborhoods in the city.

PMD354

Since Obama has now allowed illegal immigrants a safe haven in Baltimore city and the Governor and the Mayor are all for it, I will be staying away from the city. If Obama wants a safe haven for the illegals my thought is why not Washington DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom