• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

earle9966

Jan 29, 2017
    Whiteford, MD
    Hey 'yall
    I'm a "Probie" on this forumn.
    I started look through this thread the other day. I have been trying to get my wife to become interested in shooting with me. She's not anti-gun. When I started dating her 35 years ago, she was a Tom-Boy. I guess I've spoiled her into a lady since then. And my 23 year-old daughter won't even let me finish the question if she would ever shoot.
    My 27 year-old son and I have switched from hunting to recreational shooting of handguns. I was hoping it might be something new for her (my wife) and I to try too.
    So when I saw this thread I thought I might pick up on some ideas here (in the thread) that I might use to get her to consider trying it. She says she may try it one day... which is code for "go away , you're bugging me".
    So maybe I'm hijacking, but any tid-bits may help.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Hey 'yall
    I started look through this thread the other day. I have been trying to get my wife to become interested in shooting with me. She's not anti-gun. When I started dating her 35 years ago, she was a Tom-Boy. I guess I've spoiled her into a lady since then. And my 23 year-old daughter won't even let me finish the question if she would ever shoot.
    My 27 year-old son and I have switched from hunting to recreational shooting of handguns. I was hoping it might be something new for her (my wife) and I to try too.
    So when I saw this thread I thought I might pick up on some ideas here (in the thread) that I might use to get her to consider trying it. She says she may try it one day... which is code for "go away , you're bugging me".

You could try just asking her to come to the range and spend some time with you. Don't you know this will certainly not only pull at her heart strings but she will know inside that "how can she outright say no to spending time together". You will win!

You can also explain how you can bond whill doing something that's inherently so dangerous!

earle9966

Jan 29, 2017
    Whiteford, MD
    You could try just asking her to come to the range and spend some time with you. Don't you know this will certainly not only pull at her heart strings but she will know inside that "how can she outright say no to spending time together". You will win!

You can also explain how you can bond whill doing something that's inherently so dangerous!

Yeah...I have.
    She's gonna need some coaxing. Still thinking up ideas to use on her.
    I think as long as I don't scare her she may enjoy it the spending time together. But get her there is the hard part.
    We just met another couple that shoots. And I'm gonna check that out.
    Most of the friends we have are still raising kids. So that makes it hard to do "Play dates" for the adults.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Hey 'yall

Get her to the range. Maybe find another woman to go with you guys. If possible I would suggest an outdoor range it's not as loud and intimidating. Bama has a point by using the "I want to spend quality time with you" me and hubby always use it as a way to get away from the kids and then go for drinks afterwards. Idk where your located but me and hubby wouldn't mind meeting up at the range one day if it helps to have another woman there.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah...I have.
    She's gonna need some coaxing. Still thinking up ideas to use on her.
    I think as long as I don't scare her she may enjoy it the spending time together. But get her there is the hard part.
    We just met another couple that shoots. And I'm gonna check that out.
    Most of the friends we have are still raising kids. So that makes it hard to do "Play dates" for the adults.

Get her a subscription:
    http://www.womenshooters.com/

Look around there are a lot of Women involved:
    http://thewellarmedwoman.com/women-and-guns

NRA and Women:
    http://www.nrawomen.tv/

http://women.nra.org/

https://wot.nra.org/

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hey 'yall

Ask her to tag along and afterwards tell her you'll take her out to dinner. Once there, ASK her if she'd like to try, after a few rounds have gone down range. Don't force anything on her. Take a handgun that won't scare her. Maybe a 22LR pistol, a 38 spl revolver, or a 9mm. Don't give her any +P+ loads to shoot and be encouraging. If she doesn't hit the target, make a kind hearted joke or say nothing at all. Keep the macho stuff for between you and your son. If she's anything like my wife, she will take to it like a duck does to water. My wife loves to shoot a S&W66 with a 6 inch underlugged barrel. She can shoot that revolver better than anyone else in the family.

Be kind and considerate. If she says no at the range, honor her feelings and keep your target practicing on the short side. But still take her out to dinner.

Maybe if you have another woman in the family that shoots, invite her to go with you and your wife.

Good Luck!

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Ask her to tag along and afterwards tell her you'll take her out to dinner. Once there, ASK her if she'd like to try, after a few rounds have gone down range. Don't force anything on her. Take a handgun that won't scare her. Maybe a 22LR pistol, a 39 spl revolver, or a 9mm. Don't give her any +P+ loads to shoot and be encouraging. If she doesn't hit the target, make a kind hearted joke or say nothing at all. Keep the macho stuff for between you and your son. If she's anything like my wife, she will take to it like a duck does to water. My wife loves to shoot a S&W66 with a 6 inch underlugged barrel. She can shoot that revolver better than anyone else in the family.

Be kind and considerate. If she says no at the range, honor her feelings and keep your target practicing on the short side. But still take her out to dinner.

Maybe if you have another woman in the family that shoots, invite her to go with you and your wife.

Good Luck!

That's also good advice. Let me know if you'd like and I'll meet you and let her use my ruger SR22. That is a great little sucker that she'd love shooting.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    0d69e0e34f2c0a7122c49d15e66896bd.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members