• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I came out of work today and had a voicemail. It was from the atf Trace office. They were they were asking me about a gun I bought in 2012. Since then mycnr has lapsed and I have sent got another one but there was probably two to three years between those times.

Can anyone shed some light on what they want or any other Insight would be appreciated

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    do you still have it?
    if it was sold to someone else it may have been reported stolen or used in a crime.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Came to me from aimsurplus. I'll have to look when I get home if I still have it. Worried I don't have my ledger since it was under my old license

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Came to me from aimsurplus. I'll have to look when I get home if I still have it. Worried I don't have my ledger since it was under my old license

If it was on your old Ledger (I'm assuming you sent it in) tell them that and they have the Ledger.
    If you still have it then look it up and ask them how best to correct this oversight. Your not going to jail over it.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    She asked me for a 4473 on it...I kind of laughed and saidd I was a C&R so never had to do those. Otherwise she said I still have to keep my records...to which I replied I don't think so but will check when I get home.

Any citation for destroy expired ledger?

Thanks for the awesome and quick replies. Considering I just had a patient tell my boss I was cleaning her butt and talking about the hot sex I have with my gf...knowing I'm not going to jail certainly makes my day better

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Were you "Engaging In The Business"?

PS: I believe C&R records can be destroyed the moment your C&R has expired.

C&R folks do not have to maintain records for multiple decades like real FFL's do.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14616

Are licensed collectors required to turn in their acquisition/disposition records to ATF if their collector’s license is not renewed or they discontinue their collecting activity?

According to the ATF FAQ: No. The GCA requires the delivery of required records to the Government within 30 days after a firearms “business” is discontinued. A license as a collector of curios or relics does not authorize any business with respect to firearms. Therefore, the records required to be kept by licensed collectors under the law and regulations are not business records and are not required to be turned in to ATF when collectors' licenses are not renewed or collecting activity under such licenses is discontinued.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    She asked me for a 4473 on it...I kind of laughed and saidd I was a C&R so never had to do those. Otherwise she said I still have to keep my records...to which I replied I don't think so but will check when I get home.

Any citation for destroy expired ledger?

Thanks for the awesome and quick replies. Considering I just had a patient tell my boss I was cleaning her butt and talking about the hot sex I have with my gf...knowing I'm not going to jail certainly makes my day better

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are...ir-acquisition-and-disposition-records-atf-if

The exact thing happened to me last year.
    I bought an SKS from SOG and sold it a few years later. Fortunately I had a photocopy of the buyers MD DL and on the same piece of paper a handwritten bill of sale with his signature. I faxed it to The ATF and they said "Thanks, this is what we need".
    Never heard back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom