• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've noticed that Tapatalk is now spamming me with "someone quoted your post!" emails. My understanding is that this is a forum setting that the site owner needs to change. PLEASE DO SO.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's spam? I thought it was one of the "benefits" of tapatalk. I plead ignorance on this.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Go to main Tapatalk page.. check the setting.. you probably have notify/email checked.

b3a8b612efda83dc50a98b16d580b643.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The OP needs to uncheck them. Tapatalk reset the defaults in an upgrade. My phone was blowing up there for a while.
    Already did that. Double checked it just now, too. I am all too familiar with Tapatalk's spammy ways. Maybe it's some other device? I'll have to check.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    I will check on this end. tapatalk changes all the time and has no issues turning off and on settings as they please.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I have nothing to add to the OP's problem. But I wanted to follow up with Tapatalk issues. Yesterday, my phone (Nexus 6P) updated the Tapatalk app and it reset all my settings. Annoying, but not devastating. But what really pissed me off was that it removed this forum from my account. No other forum was removed, just this one. With all the talk of companies filtering their content (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Amazon) during the election run up, I'm now wondering if Tapatalk is doing the same thing.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    I run a few other forums that use the Tapatalk plugin, the problem is certainly with Tapatalk. There isn't any way that I can tell Tapatalk to spam the users. I had that happen to me, suddenly getting notifications about 2 forums. I had to go into the app and turn everything off.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I use the latest Android version of Tapatalk and haven't been experiencing this issue over the same time frame (and had posts quoted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom