• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My Samco Spanish Mauser had a mint bore. I was the lucky one. The ones I have been seeing at the local shows are very dirty and pitted. About $179 and are a "project" to clean them up and rejuvenate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    My Samco Spanish Mauser had a mint bore. I was the lucky one. The ones I have been seeing at the local shows are very dirty and pitted. About $179 and are a "project" to clean them up and rejuvenate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 4 all had excellent bores. Only one had any real issues in the sense that the front sight was loose on the barrel, but nothing a good sight-in and solder wouldn't flx.

Let's face it, they weren't really ever meant to be anything other than training or stop-gap rifles. It's like expecting a "last ditch" Arisaka to be finely crafted. It just ain't gonna happen. That said, they are functional, and the four I got were all nail-drivers at 50 & 100 yards. They're a decent hunting rifle on the cheap.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I rolled the dice and bought a VKT M39 from Classic. We'll see how much I regret it next week, I guess.
    Came today, and it actually seems pretty decent. No cosmo. Finish is mostly gone, but no rust. Date is 1942, matching serials on the receiver and barrel, the other serials are scrubbed. Tula stock plate, Izhevsk trigger group. Stock has the usual lower repair, but is in pretty nice shape otherwise, just some of the usual dings. Terrific bore, very strong rifling.

Given how crazy the prices on M91/30s have gotten, the M39 is not a bad deal at all.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Came today, and it actually seems pretty decent. No cosmo. Finish is mostly gone, but no rust. Date is 1942, matching serials on the receiver and barrel, the other serials are scrubbed. Tula stock plate, Izhevsk trigger group. Stock has the usual lower repair, but is in pretty nice shape otherwise, just some of the usual dings. Terrific bore, very strong rifling.

Given how crazy the prices on M91/30s have gotten, the M39 is not a bad deal at all.

Check the date on the underside of the tang. Gotta pull it from the stock to check that. Mine was 1900.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    FYI, SOG has Swiss 1896/11's on sale for 299.00 thru 11/11 VG condition.

I've found that SOG is usually quite honest about grading their items, unlike other places that usually overstate it.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've found that SOG is usually quite honest about grading their items, unlike other places that usually overstate it.

^^^ This.

I've gotten to trust them the most of the usual suspects among larger C&R vendors, with AIM a pretty close second. AIM has hex Mosins in stock now for prices that are, in today's market, fairly reasonable I guess.

For new stuff, Bud's often has the best prices and is pretty easy to deal with.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    ^^^ This.

I've gotten to trust them the most of the usual suspects among larger C&R vendors, with AIM a pretty close second. AIM has hex Mosins in stock now for prices that are, in today's market, fairly reasonable I guess.

For new stuff, Bud's often has the best prices and is pretty easy to deal with.
    I got my first Mosin from Buds, and four Chinese Type 53s back when they were 110 bucks a piece. I've probably ordered 12 guns from them and never had a problem.

I think we are quickly coming to the day when we no longer see any C&R stuff at the large vendors and importers. A combo of politics and disappearing supply... If only we could import from Russia...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I got my first Mosin from Buds, and four Chinese Type 53s back when they were 110 bucks a piece. I've probably ordered 12 guns from them and never had a problem.

I think we are quickly coming to the day when we no longer see any C&R stuff at the large vendors and importers. A combo of politics and disappearing supply... If only we could import from Russia...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Nope, my experience with buds was horrible!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Dan's Ammo has some C$R Beretta .22s

Attachments

• IMG_7296.jpg
      IMG_7296.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 296

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Not sure if anyone knows or cares but SOG has Excellent to Unissued condition Polish P-64's for 240 bucks w/ two mags and holster.

Not a bad deal, I paid that for one with obvious wear in the past.

They also have GP-11 in stock for 270 per 480 rounds

Seems to be the going price these days.....

They also have corrosive 7.62x25 for almost twice the price of reloadable PPU. I bet that's flying off the shelf.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I"m wondering what black Friday C&R deals there will be. Of course, I got spoiled a few years ago when Classic had the $89 Grade B mosins.

Hey, maybe Classic will have some Spanish Mausers in 308 discounted down to $499?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom