• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    You can send them back and yeah, new they are really expensive.
    So far this morning I got a couple of things but the only picture I took was of this heavy meat cleaver. The tang is like a quarter inch thick $3
    3a13e877e0aab7946e71fe8163df0473.jpg

f2908c9a0b96df020035beb91dbbec99.jpg

Not sure what the markings are.

Markings are... Handle with care, These cut heads off on their own Just like guns kills peoples.

Also Mike im looking for Cutco steak knives if you ever see them, i just missed them at the one where i got the Madsen.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    You can send them back and yeah, new they are really expensive.
    So far this morning I got a couple of things but the only picture I took was of this heavy meat cleaver. The tang is like a quarter inch thick $3
    3a13e877e0aab7946e71fe8163df0473.jpg

f2908c9a0b96df020035beb91dbbec99.jpg

Not sure what the markings are.

you know how difficult it is to find those:sad20::sad20: I DO...the heavy cleavers are few and far between and for that price you cant lose...just needs to be polished/buffed and it would look great!

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Looks like:

Village Blacksmith

Solid Steel Forged

WIS (Wisconsin?)

Meaning??

I believe that is correct, "Watertown, WIS" and 8 is 8" blade I think.

Markings are... Handle with care, These cut heads off on their own Just like guns kills peoples.

Also Mike im looking for Cutco steak knives if you ever see them, i just missed them at the one where i got the Madsen.

I'll keep an eye out.

you know how difficult it is to find those:sad20::sad20: I DO...the heavy cleavers are few and far between and for that price you cant lose...just needs to be polished/buffed and it would look great!

Yeah I hope the handle holds up, but I also got some nice wood I could use to make a new handle.

The rest of the loot:
    fab0f1c84cfdfe29ec7dd3ae4c2688e4.jpg

Axes, $3 $1 $1 one is pretty decent Collins and the other Collins Legitimus has a bad handle. The last one has no markings.
    $2 hand sickle, $1 corn husk chopper $1 knife $1 alum tent stakes $2 block of wood $1 handles
    361586ce0f06402f2eaf70926d14c611.jpg

$5 cleaning kits - thought they were beat. $1 4440 blueing $3 denatured alcohol $1 cleaner degreaser $1 sharpening stone.

The Huntsville estate sale going on today had tons of tools and a little bit of misc gun stuff and hunting clothes and military gear. He also had a ton of lead wheel weights and scrap lead. There were lots of tools and wood and metal working materials.
    Some pics of his books
    a4de5cf7bbbddf21f49d9a053b29bbb2.jpg

3c0dd0006ff4e5361ce83ff46564bcf1.jpg

ce387ad7083abbf974c65a8d593983f3.jpg

78cb5237eed49b5194aaa6101100a4d0.jpg

The estate sales going on today until 4 PM

3925 nicholson st
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    443–519-3524

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Saw a red rider bb gun and a Chinese made newer black powder rifle for $150. Saw various axes and edged tools.
    Ended up with this hatchet for $7 with a new handle nicely fitted and these two knives at different yard sales for $.25 each
    d5212b50ecf13db10f5dc12b3859d04b.jpg

9fdef60eb10e19cea0b4fd3a42bb6cee.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Some dang nice prices on those coins. And some very nice books. How do you find the time these days/ I know you need the break an it's good therapy.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    So mike how early do you get up and start your yard sales day? Are you one if those people that is there when it's still dark and people are still setting things up?

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Yesterday about half of AA County was for sale. What else did ya get?

Kids clothes, women's shoes some glass pumpkin, some round thing for displaying stuff my wife wants to paint and some toys. Wasn't a ton of man type stuff yesterday.
    There were tons of community yard sales but they take a lot of time to go through because you have to drive through the community and find who's selling things and you're stopping like 100 times and not everything is good.

Some dang nice prices on those coins. And some very nice books. How do you find the time these days/ I know you need the break an it's good therapy.

My wife does most of the planning organizing on Friday and I pick and choose a few sales I want to visit. She isn't as into the estate sales as I am. Some are true treasure hunts, others are just the things they think will sell and all the other stuff is gone to the dump I assume - the stuff I wanted to look through. Either that or some of these people don't have tools/hardware/basement and garage stuff because they have people to do that for them.

So mike how early do you get up and start your yard sales day? Are you one if those people that is there when it's still dark and people are still setting things up?

We do most of the planning Friday night and usually get up at six at coffee and finalize our plan and then go out at seven I'm not one of those jerks that show up before the sale starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting flea market had a NIB Dillon 550B for $350. I texted my son to see if he wanted it and by the time I finished my text, a fellow member bought it.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    POCKET FISHERMAN!!! LOL had two or more over the years as a result of flea markets.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting flea market had a NIB Dillon 550B for $350. I texted my son to see if he wanted it and by the time I finished my text, a fellow member bought it.

Yea, that is one you don't wait for. You could have turned a profit on that one quick.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    My wife has heard me talk for years about my mom's Veg-O-Matic from when I was a kid. Found one ($5) at the Maryland Line Volunteer Fire Company flea market on Saturday. Homemade french fries Saturday night! Ok so it's not the kind of blade everyone likes to post, but it IS from 1969 and it DOES slice and dice :D

Attachments

• Veg-O-Matic.jpg
      Veg-O-Matic.jpg
      14.7 KB · Views: 429

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads