BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Nassau County or New Jersey State Police. :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    80% on just a 30 year salary alone not including any Ira or SS supplement?
    With approx 39% on my high 3 salary, TSP investment and SS(if its still there), I'll be lucky if I'm near 60/70%.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am in the same FERS boat. But 60-70% sounds livable to me when I turn 56 this November. I can always supplement that with a no brained pt job...and I am cashing out tsp for mad money too.

Sent from the Ether using TapaTalk 2

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    The City PD will give great experience. There are great officers there too. I spent 20 years there. The pension is now 25 years for 50% of your salary that you made for the last 18 months of employment. The pay is a lot lower than the county PD's. There are other things to consider when applying to the City such as equipment, shifts, Court scheduling. In the City you will go to court on your day(s) off. You will get OT (not as much as the county PD's for minimum), you will not get the day back like the county PD's etc.
    An example of equipment issues-my first patrol car was 7 years old, had over 100k miles and the front seat was held up by a 2x4 shoved into cage that almost touched the back seat, it was one of the few cage cars. The A/C didn't work and they only fixed A/C units in the winter time. When I retired, my detectives were driving a car that was 17 years old, had 100+k miles, no paint left on the hood, and smelled like 17 year old spilled coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom