• ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I got the letter today.

Fake news.

While I appreciate the need for fundraising to keep up the good fight, I wish they would spend more on advocacy and lobbying, and less on sending me the weekly solicitations.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I got a call from the NRA last week.

They had their CallerID blocked. (I know, I should have never picked it up)

The woman proceeded to steamroll over every single word I had tried to say (hold on for a second, 3x). Hung up on her.

If you are not going to listen to me I am not going to listen to you.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    If you think the NRA is bad, NAGR is relentless and will SPAM you 3x per day every single day! I emailed them that if they want any more money from me they had to promise to stop the SPAM. No response except more SPAM.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

The woman proceeded to steamroll over every single word I had tried to say (hold on for a second, 3x). Hung up on her.

They started calling my house for donations shortly after I joined... probably about the time I joined here.

I told the guy to listen carefully... then I said I do not under any circumstances do business with anyone who telemarkets... be it roofers, super duper mortgage deals, charities or lobbying organizations... and they could send me all the letters and magazines they wanted, but if they EVER called again I would terminate my membership permanently and find another organization to give my money to.

He must have put me on an internal do not call list... because they haven't called in about 8-9 years. Wish that worked for the mortgage loan pushers and the "windows help center" guys too.... :D

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I've received the emails and read news articles about the financial pressure the NRA is under. In addition to pressure on finance and insurance groups, Bloomberg and cohorts are spending them into the ground. Bloomberg by himsrlf is spending at least as much on lobbying as the NRA. Yes. They are having to pick their battles even more carefully than in the past.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Yep. Good One. I'll use this line on Senator Young of Frederick when I call and along with WWNC with "Gun Control".

Stan47

Sep 6, 2018
    Any financial "crisis" at NRA could be greatly alleviated by reducing the salary and perks of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox.

coltguy

Dec 6, 2017
    no BFD

IMHO the NRA is in it for the NRA. Case in point all I ever see from them is a request for money. The bumpstock thing was a real disappointment. They should have not caved in from the get go. This will lead to more govt control and weaken 2A. I am a life member and for that only get their requests for money. I feel that GOA really has our backs 1000% better than the NRA.

franklinstein

NRA Life Member
    Mar 6, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    On a side note here, I spoke with WLP at an NRA Foundation dinner event in McLean a few months back. He mentioned that the NY stunt being pulled by Cuomo will do significant harm to their ability to operate if it in fact is allowed to stand, which presumably will not be the case. However, litigation does cost a lot of money these days. And, as people blew their proverbial wads supporting the org during the 2016 elections, fewer people are currently donating. Now that the Dems have control of the house, litigation costs will simply increase.

While I don't agree with all of the things that they do, I still support them, especially the NRA Foundation, which isn't the lobbying wing of the overall org. I ignore most of their fundraising literature, and simply donate what I can, when I can. Hopefully people can see the good that they do, and support them when possible as well.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Isn't there someone from the NRA at every hearing day in Annapolis? I don't know how often they walk the halls talking to the MGA but they also support lawsuits in Maryland by writing briefs etc. What more could you expect of them? What is MSI doing that NRA is not, or vice versa? Is there not a good relationship between the two organizations? What does GOA do that NRA or MSI does not?

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    I only know this for certain, Cuomo (and Bloomberg) exporting their views on their idea of the perfect society are about as dangerous (and annoying as all hell) to the 2nd Amendment and its supporters as they come.

As far as the NRA's financial shape? God only knows.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am a Lifetime member of the NRA. I got the letter in the mail and it was nothing more than a money raising pitch to fight Little Andy in NY over their Carry Guard Ins. (USCCA is way better any way). Even if the NY big banks didn't want to do business with the NRA there are plenty of small southern banks that would jump at the chance.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    It's amazing to me how many gunowners bash the NRA. Constantly - what are you doing for us, when are you gonna help MD, etc., etc. Every single time there's a positive story on gun rights advancing or beating back a bad bill, people start shaming the NRA and saying they don't do enough. I really would love to know how much cash those folks bashing the NRA give to any gun groups on a regular basis. Like the NRA or not, they are the 500 pound gorilla and without them we'd be in a much worse place. If you don't like them, give to the SAF or MSI or GOA or someone else, but stop bashing an org that for the most part has been bettering the cause for 150 years. Find any Facebook post on the recent CA mag ban (thanks NRA!) and within 5 comments you'll have some yokel saying F the NRA, they don't do anything, come and take them etc. and I doubt much else. We are truly our own worst enemies sometimes.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    It's amazing to me how many gunowners bash the NRA. Constantly - what are you doing for us, when are you gonna help MD, etc., etc. Every single time there's a positive story on gun rights advancing or beating back a bad bill, people start shaming the NRA and saying they don't do enough. I really would love to know how much cash those folks bashing the NRA give to any gun groups on a regular basis. Like the NRA or not, they are the 500 pound gorilla and without them we'd be in a much worse place. If you don't like them, give to the SAF or MSI or GOA or someone else, but stop bashing an org that for the most part has been bettering the cause for 150 years. Find any Facebook post on the recent CA mag ban (thanks NRA!) and within 5 comments you'll have some yokel saying F the NRA, they don't do anything, come and take them etc. and I doubt much else. We are truly our own worst enemies sometimes.

Lot of truth to that...When we circle the wagons, point the rifles out, not in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom