• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    I got all excited a couple weeks ago about the Beeman P17 because of the reputedly outstanding trigger and better than average accuracy. They are sold out at Pyramid Air right this minute but should have some back in stock soon and I might end up buying one.

But...are there any air pistols that have 5+ shot magazine capacities to be able to more proximately simulate practicing with a semi-automatic handgun? A nice trigger and reasonable accuracy would be the "must-have" features and, hopefully, a price point that is reasonable as well. Sounds like the Beeman is an incredible value.

Ideas?

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I have a SIG P226 .177 cal pelgun which uses the blowback design. Quite accurate. Life size feel and weight. Check out the SIG website.

Attachments

• Sig 226.PNG
      Sig 226.PNG
      15 KB · Views: 290

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Tons of options out there to copy most full sized autos, as mentioned the pellet ones tend to be more accurate. I have found the BB ones to be pretty bad in the accuracy area. Will take CO2 which I have had bad luck with so keep that in mind.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will split the answer .

For practice of drawing and placing first shot hits , Airsoft ( of the full size, full weight, exact duplicate flavor .)

For more serious marksmanship training , air pistol , decided by absolute accuracy , rather than cosmetics .

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    So the trigger is important to me because that will help with accuracy. Is the Beeman P17 accurate enough to go along with its nice trigger? And does the Sig P226;have a nice triggerbto go along with its accuracy?

Other specific ideas for models with both good accuracy and a nice trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom