• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Utah BCI has raised the cost of getting a Utah CFP by $10, from $47 to $57 for residents and from $57 to $67 for non-resident permits. The fee increase is attached to the processing of fingerprints. When the instructors or students mail the application and prints in, Utah scans them and sends them to the FBI. They claim the legislature granted them the authority in 2015 to increase the fees.

Here's the notice I received in the mail from Utah BCI a few days ago

35516697764_b5e6351033_b.jpg

The NRA will be challenging the fee increase in the Utah Legislature once it convenes in January. Their article and statement here:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...t-applications-subject-to-sudden-fee-increase

For my fellow Utah CFP instructors, be sure to get the current application form here:
    https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2015/01/CFP-app-07302017.pdf

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder if Maryland raised their cost another $10, they would approve more of them?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I wonder if Maryland raised their cost another $10, they would approve more of them?

That, sir, suggests that Maryland politicians do it for money and we all know it's only for the safety of the children.

Then again, there may be a price point at which the children are expendable and campaign coffers and vote buying win out.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    That, sir, suggests that Maryland politicians do it for money and we all know it's only for the safety of the children.

Then again, there may be a price point at which the children are expendable and campaign coffers and vote buying win out.

LMAO! Well said, Sir! :lol:

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom