Freestate is Offering a New Hampshire CCW Course???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    P.T. Barnum was right.

Attachments

• circus.jpg
      circus.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 178

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    The mere fact that the NH requirements are not mentioned seems dishonest.

kinda like bait and switch at the car dealer. get them in and "oh by the way, it's not required." take their money anyway

If it's not a problem, why not disclose the actual facts instead of luring people in with a less than honest ad?

Sometimes omissions are as bad as a lie. Look at the news media. they do it every day.

cheers.

Agree 100%. I think if they change the wording to reflect something like this it would be a bit more accurate.

Remove :New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License Permit course

Add : Gun safety class focusing on NH/PA CCW laws.
    Add: NH CCW is one of few non-resident permits honored by PA.

Remove: Application procedure

Add: No prerequisite is needed for the NH CCW but course will outline laws essential for both NH and PA.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i agree because there is no offer of NH law training, only PA. I understand the ad's purpose is PA carry, but if you are going to claim PA reciprocity with a NH permit class, how about covering NH law as well?

They need to tear this up and start over, except IMO it's not an accident.

IMO the vagueness is intentional

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Okay, I just got off the phone with Randy at Freestate. He's aware of this thread. He told me that this course is a refresher/informational class. I told him that many thought the New Hampshire thing was a little misleading and he agreed. He said that they wanted to put out a course to give information about the legalities, the restrictions of carrying in PA. I guess the class will also help you with the paperwork for the NH license too.

He was a little taken aback by some of the remarks. He appreciated the fact that I called to get the details.

Bottom line: Is it advertised correctly, my opinion, it is not. Does it seem to be misleading, my opinion, yes it does. Did they mean to misrepresent this class, again in my opinion, they did not. I think they tried to combine a few ideas together and package it as one class.

Randy said that they are looking at it now and that they would be addressing the issue.

I hope this puts to rest the idea that they are just trying to make a quick buck. Again, we have to remember that not all firearm enthusiasts are as up to date on all of the things we take for granted. We are some of the most knowledgeable gun owners anywhere in the country. Many Marylanders who own firearms are not that connected as we here at MDS are. That's a fact.

I hope this helped.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Okay, I just got off the phone with Randy at Freestate. He's aware of this thread. He told me that this course is a refresher/informational class. I told him that many thought the New Hampshire thing was a little misleading and he agreed. He said that they wanted to put out a course to give information about the legalities, the restrictions of carrying in PA. I guess the class will also help you with the paperwork for the NH license too.

He was a little taken aback by some of the remarks. He appreciated the fact that I called to get the details.

Bottom line: Is it advertised correctly, my opinion, it is not. Does it seem to be misleading, my opinion, yes it does. Did they mean to misrepresent this class, again in my opinion, they did not. I think they tried to combine a few ideas together and package it as one class.

Randy said that they are looking at it now and that they would be addressing the issue.

I hope this puts to rest the idea that they are just trying to make a quick buck. Again, we have to remember that not all firearm enthusiasts are as up to date on all of the things we take for granted. We are some of the most knowledgeable gun owners anywhere in the country. Many Marylanders who own firearms are not that connected as we here at MDS are. That's is a fact.

I hope this helped.

I'm going to take you and Randy at your word and I agree that not all are as knowledgeable as the members here, but Freestate is (or should be), and as the owner he should never have let the flyer go out for distribution.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    From: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

The states listed below have indicated that they will recognize New Hampshire resident pistol revolver licenses. Anyone carrying a firearm in New Hampshire is subject to all other applicable laws including RSA 159:3.

Please note bold above, Florida is listed on this same website. I am not convinced by this that a NON-resident Permit is honored. Is there something more I have not found?

PA website mentions residents of both States

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/upl...l/FirearmsReciprocity/Signed_NH_Agreement.pdf
    From the pdf you attached:

#1.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that is the preamble. the actual agreement says valid NH permits. if you don't believe it, i guess you should not carry in PA.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I hope this puts to rest the idea that they are just trying to make a quick buck. Again, we have to remember that not all firearm enthusiasts are as up to date on all of the things we take for granted. We are some of the most knowledgeable gun owners anywhere in the country. Many Marylanders who own firearms are not that connected as we here at MDS are. That's a fact.

I hope this helped.

What I find disturbing is 100 dollars for a 3 hour class. My Texas LTC class was 6 hours and 75 dollars, add the 15 dollar range fee and it was only 90 . Cost of the LTC is 25 bucks (Veterans) . I don't recall what the fingerprinting was but was cheap too. Think a total of 150 would cover it. I can carry in 33 states with it
    Where can I find that information?

Texas NR LTC map in this thread

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4839973&postcount=12

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    that is the preamble. the actual agreement says valid NH permits. if you don't believe it, i guess you should not carry in PA.

I will not. This is my take, you of course are welcome to yours.
    The purpose of this agreement is to extend privileges to the citizens of PA and NH. As I am not a citizen of NH this agreement does not apply to me. It references Permit Holder, all citizens of NH do NOT have the right to carry a firearm in PA, only Citizens of NH who have a valid Permit.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_and_Resources/Firearm_Reciprocity_Agreements/ PA agreement for reciprocity
    https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/upl...irearmsReciprocity/Signed_Texas_Agreement.pdf

The Texas agreement is noted above. It does NOT mention resident of Texas, only Texas permit holder.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i guess handgunlaw and Freestate disagree with you.

no problem for me.

maps

Attachments

• handgunlaw.JPG
      handgunlaw.JPG
      75.1 KB · Views: 147

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I will not. This is my take, you of course are welcome to yours.
    The purpose of this agreement is to extend privileges to the citizens of PA and NH. As I am not a citizen of NH this agreement does not apply to me. It references Permit Holder, all citizens of NH do NOT have the right to carry a firearm in PA, only Citizens of NH who have a valid Permit.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Media_and_Resources/Firearm_Reciprocity_Agreements/ PA agreement for reciprocity
    https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/upl...irearmsReciprocity/Signed_Texas_Agreement.pdf

The Texas agreement is noted above. It does NOT mention resident of Texas, only Texas permit holder.

USACarry and Handgunlaw.us both have PA recognizing NH non-resident permits
    https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Also, from https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/upl...l/FirearmsReciprocity/Signed_NH_Agreement.pdf

The State of New Hampshire and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will inform each other of any changes in their respective concealed firearm statues that may affect the eligibility of the recognition granted by each state.

I don't see any statements from the PA AG about changing their agreement or making a statement on NH non-res permits in PA. Surely they know what's going on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom