• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Read this garbage:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-nra-20150415-story.html

I'm going to pick on this emotionally written drivel at the end:
    But no matter where one stands on guns, it's a little scary to hear the kind of dire warnings about gun grabbers that came out of Nashville when they are so completely divorced from reality of gun ownership in America, including the average of 32 murders, 140 assaults treated in emergency rooms, 51 suicides and 45 accidental deaths caused by guns each and every day in this country. It's irrational, it's crazy, yet it's the NRA agenda that hardly anybody, Democrat or Republican, wants to challenge on the national stage.

Didn't know guns shot themselves. Gotta keep a closer eye on mine.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Read this garbage:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-nra-20150415-story.html

I'm going to pick on this emotionally written drivel at the end:

Didn't know guns shot themselves. Gotta keep a closer eye on mine.

I keep most of mine in a safe, and keep them unloaded, in case they decide to shoot their way out. Oh, wait, I forgot, they can always load themselves anyway . . . Now I have to store ammo in a separate safe and hide the combination from the guns!

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I just wish people, on both sides, could have an honest debate.

The left plays the emotional angle, and the "you don't need that" angle.

The right plays the "it's our right, don't tell me what I need"

Bad and mentally unstable individuals should not have access to guns.
    "Common sense" regulations are anything but common, nor do they make sense.
    The NRA is a fundraising organization. Yes, they do help with training and safety, yes they're seemingly one of the only large profile groups supporting gun rights in DC, but you have to admit they want to sell guns. Pulling the 'ISIS' card during the convention is meant to scare people, and scared people buy guns. Scared people donate to the NRA. Scared people buy up M855 ammo when told it's going to be banned.

No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell), but I also shouldn't be told that "weapons made for war", that statistically account for very little actual crime are to be banned because "I don't need one". Concealed carriers are, again, statistically very safe people that are involved in a minute amount of crime. Don't play the emotional angle and act like this is the wild west, OK Corral shootout going on. Don't act like these madmen perpetrating mass killings are Tom, Dick, and Harry with a CCW permit.

The debate on guns in this country is founded on disingenuous arguments and "facts". Much like the debate on drugs (more specifically, marijuana).

It's up to each and every gun owner, CCW holder, teacher, NRA member, etc. to EDUCATE people. Don't sound like a freaking nut, and you won't be treated like one. Try not to get so butthurt about comments made by irrational people who obviously have very little understanding of gun laws, gun mechanics, and gun owners. That being said, this is America, the best country on earth, with a "law of the land" in place that allows you to think, and say pretty much anything you want, and I love that, no matter the person behind the mouth.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    diarrhea and the baltimore sun, it goes hand in hand. I only read that paper to see how idiotic they really are. I've never read a paper more liberal and uninformed than them. dont get me started on dum rodricks

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And how does fingerprinting handgun purchasers make MD more safe? Without any sort of data to back up such assertions (often invoked under the totem of public safety), how does the infringement of a right through this unnecessary burden withstand even intermediate scrutiny in the courts? So much tripe in this article without a bit of analytical thinking.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Strange, but I haven't seen any Baltimore Sun editorials about last month's Germanwings crash, where they claim 149 people were "killed by a plane".

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I just wish people, on both sides, could have an honest debate.

The left plays the emotional angle, and the "you don't need that" angle.

The right plays the "it's our right, don't tell me what I need"

Bad and mentally unstable individuals should not have access to guns.
    "Common sense" regulations are anything but common, nor do they make sense.
    The NRA is a fundraising organization. Yes, they do help with training and safety, yes they're seemingly one of the only large profile groups supporting gun rights in DC, but you have to admit they want to sell guns. Pulling the 'ISIS' card during the convention is meant to scare people, and scared people buy guns. Scared people donate to the NRA. Scared people buy up M855 ammo when told it's going to be banned.

No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell), but I also shouldn't be told that "weapons made for war", that statistically account for very little actual crime are to be banned because "I don't need one". Concealed carriers are, again, statistically very safe people that are involved in a minute amount of crime. Don't play the emotional angle and act like this is the wild west, OK Corral shootout going on. Don't act like these madmen perpetrating mass killings are Tom, Dick, and Harry with a CCW permit.

The debate on guns in this country is founded on disingenuous arguments and "facts". Much like the debate on drugs (more specifically, marijuana).

It's up to each and every gun owner, CCW holder, teacher, NRA member, etc. to EDUCATE people. Don't sound like a freaking nut, and you won't be treated like one. Try not to get so butthurt about comments made by irrational people who obviously have very little understanding of gun laws, gun mechanics, and gun owners. That being said, this is America, the best country on earth, with a "law of the land" in place that allows you to think, and say pretty much anything you want, and I love that, no matter the person behind the mouth.
    I like where you went with this, well said.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    No, you shouldn't have a rocket launcher (though, it would be cool as hell), but I also shouldn't be told that "weapons made for war", that statistically account for very little actual crime are to be banned because "I don't need one".

whoa whoa whoa.... what do you mean i shouldn't have a rocket launcher? i can think of 100 non criminal things I could do with a rocket launcher, granted i can think of 10,000 criminal acts one could commit with one.

that point of view is EXACTLY the same as people saying you can have a shotgun and a hunting rifle, but that scary black one with the thing that goes up isn't okay. It is just on a different place in the spectrum. Same thing with full automatics being a no no.

The reason those who understand what the 2nd ammendment is, refuse to compromise is because more than what is a reasonable amount of compromise HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" arms are any weapons of war, any armorments etc. it is not just firearms. The fact that you can be taken away under the patriot act for looking on how explosives are made shows you where we are as far as infringement.

I don't think i'd ever buy a rocket launcher, mainly because storing the rockets is a pain because you have to monitor them to make sure they are still good. that and storing energetics is a pain in the ass. you have to worry about electrostatic discharge, your in home wifi might set it off depending on the material... it really would require you to build a magazine. You do not want a rocket going off in your house

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom