• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    So I've hand written letters to Cardin, Mikulski, O'Malley, and Sarbanes (he's my district Congressman). And I got this in the mail today.

Not exactly the response I was looking for, but I knew his stance on 2-A before sending the letter. I am glad he (or his staff) took the effort to reply to my written correspondence. It's even on official Maryland govn't paperstock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      63.9 KB · Views: 308

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Don't think that was too bad....I personally am also in favor of enforcement of background checks and wish all states did as Maryland and closed this stupid loophole at the gun shows...anyway...not bad, seems on the fence to me...at least from that letter.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    Don't think that was too bad....I personally am also in favor of enforcement of background checks and wish all states did as Maryland and closed this stupid loophole at the gun shows...anyway...not bad, seems on the fence to me...at least from that letter.

Me too. I have no problem with background checks expanding to private sales. it's an inconvenience, but as long as it requires nothing more than buyer and seller going to the MSP, paying a $10 fee for the NICS before making their private transaction, I think it's a reasonable and responsible thing to do to prevent gun owners from inadvertently selling a firearm to someone who shouldn't have one.

I don't like the "and other common sense measures" part, though. Coming from Sarbanes, that means BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN!

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I agree there is some compromise to be made but SB 281 is not the answer. And "common sense measures" according to our wonderful MD legislators is the AWB, mag capacity limitations and cosmetic features that look scary.

I don't think he's on the fence pretty sure he's pro gun control, but I will hold him accountable for his words.

adamwzl

Aug 1, 2011
    Eastern Shore / Annapolis
    Whats up with these recently new members all OK with compromising? I've been seeing it all across the board. Come on NO compromise we have enough regulation we have to deal with in this state as it stands NOW.

I'm sorry I'm not personally attacking all the new members and I welcome you. Seriously guys you give them and inch they take a mile. Look at the mess we're in today, all the states that surround us do not have a waiting period or regulated list, which is probably a registry list for the MSP anyway. They also have 1/4 less crime than we do. Also with the current laws our gun shows freaking BLOW a$$. I'm sorry if it wasnt for our IP's attending there will only be stupid dealers who jack the prices up on everything because we live in MD. Go take a look at VA, PA, and WV gun shows their prices line up with internet prices pre Dec-12.

At the end of the day NO compromise in MD, we live in one of the top 10 states with most gun control.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Don't you love how politicians can basically tell you to go to hell, but word it so we look forward to the trip.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    His very vague "common sense" terminology is code for bans, restrictions etc. I've never been against background checks, but I've seen email responses that always say background checks and "common sense measures". Their idea of common sense is to take. I know we are all smarter than that, to think that he would be considering otherwise.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Whats up with these recently new members all OK with compromising? I've been seeing it all across the board. Come on NO compromise we have enough regulation we have to deal with in this state as it stands NOW.

I'm sorry I'm not personally attacking all the new members and I welcome you. Seriously guys you give them and inch they take a mile. Look at the mess we're in today, all the states that surround us do not have a waiting period or regulated list, which is probably a registry list for the MSP anyway. They also have 1/4 less crime than we do. Also with the current laws our gun shows freaking BLOW a$$. I'm sorry if it wasnt for our IP's attending there will only be stupid dealers who jack the prices up on everything because we live in MD. Go take a look at VA, PA, and WV gun shows their prices line up with internet prices pre Dec-12.

At the end of the day NO compromise in MD, we live in one of the top 10 states with most gun control.

They take the mile because they see kooks. I do not think background checks can help because States that have them still have a problem and States that do not have them do not have a problem.

Our problem in Maryland is incompetent government, but they need a scapegoat.. they pick guns. Our job is to make our friends and neighbors see that. We must educate not scare them.

Anti: I support reasonable gun control.
    Pro: me too.
    Anti huh.... I thought you opposed the bill.
    pro: its not reasonable here's why:

Hijack the narrative or be victimized by it.

And as a new guy who has watched the pro side loose ground,and sometimes gain ground, I would like to suggest that deflect and redirect is a better approch than in your face no compromise.

The results are better.

Just my thoughts.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    ha

So I've hand written letters to Cardin, Mikulski, O'Malley, and Sarbanes (he's my district Congressman). And I got this in the mail today.

Not exactly the response I was looking for, but I knew his stance on 2-A before sending the letter. I am glad he (or his staff) took the effort to reply to my written correspondence. It's even on official Maryland govn't paperstock.

This is the same letter hes been pushing for years. Vague, with little info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom