Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
I think you are conflating trigger weight with trigger profile. A lighter trigger (up to a point) is always going to be better for accuracy than a heavy trigger.
I am not conflating the two. Yes, generally speaking, a lighter trigger is going to be better for accuracy. Triggers with equal break weight will be more accurate with a crisp break than if there is a pressure build up and then release at the same weight. Yes shooting speed will impact this and yes training can overcome it to a certain degree. How many high dollar triggers or trigger jobs are offering an option for mush?

Reality doesn’t bend over to accommodate fantasy or sentimentality.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it. - 16th American Jurisprudence 2d, Section 177 late 2nd, section 256

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Endowment Member
Silverlode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 11:34 AM #12

Quote:
Note: Preference being what it is...I actually prefer a good single stage trigger over a good two stage trigger in an AR pattern rifle/carbine for close in shooting. My performance on target bears out comparable results.
I do as well except in the two instances of two ARs that I have that are purpose built for longer ranges, one of them being a 308 AR. I have Geissele SSA-E in those. Everything else gets an ALG ACT.

Reality doesn’t bend over to accommodate fantasy or sentimentality.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it. - 16th American Jurisprudence 2d, Section 177 late 2nd, section 256

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Endowment Member
Silverlode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 12:43 PM #13
For great Justice

For great Justice

IMO the reset is more important than the break, a long reset slows down shooting, and a mushy or soft reset makes it easy to move past it, and get a long inconsistent pull. Most striker and some da/sa pistols have essentially a 2 stage trigger, a takeup portion to deactivate a pin block, then the sear is engaged and the 2nd stage is the sear getting pulled out of engagement. The pull weight difference between the 2 stages can give you a long mushy pull(with little difference), or a quick takeup, then a precise and repeatable break(larger difference) For this reason I usually go with a lighter return spring, and sometimes a heavier sear/striker spring. THe reset point is important in that you only need to let the trigger move forward a small ammount to reset the 2nd stage without needing to move all the way back to the 1st, this is critical for shooting fast, and gives the "feel" of a lighter trigger being you really only feel the couple #s difference between the 2 stages. The P-series sig have nice predictable trigggers, and a great short reset with the SRT kit, the Legion / grayguns triggers are epic, actually easier to shoot fast for me than the tiny throw of a good 1911 trigger. On the 320 series, the Graygguns comp kit has a nice 2 stage feel, really good for a polyframe, but even a lighter return spring, and a GG or Apex trigger do help clean things up.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:44 PM #14
2A TEACHER

2A TEACHER

You'd love XDs then. They've typically felt like clunking a light switch back and forth to me.

"It's hard not to be a menace to society, when half the population is happy on their knees"

Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
smokey0118 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns