• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    "The Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range will be closed from April 22, 2019 through August 20, 2019. The range will be closed for necessary repairs to the baffle structures. Use of the Myrtle Grove Shooting Range will not be permitted during this time."

Kind of put a kink in tommorow's plans...and a good chunk of the summer's...

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    "The Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range will be closed from April 22, 2019 through August 20, 2019. The range will be closed for necessary repairs to the baffle structures. Use of the Myrtle Grove Shooting Range will not be permitted during this time."

Kind of put a kink in tommorow's plans...and a good chunk of the summer's...

ya this has been discussed in a different thread phone calls have been made letters and emails have been sent to DNR and at least one Senator.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    ya this has been discussed in a different thread phone calls have been made letters and emails have been sent to DNR and at least one Senator.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed that...I'm glad they want to maintain the place, but that is one serious chunk of time barring an expansion of some sort...

Or a miracle, like Calvert or St. Mary's getting on the ball and devoting some public land to shooting. Three rural counties, one small range, huurumph...

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thanks for the heads up, I missed that...I'm glad they want to maintain the place, but that is one serious chunk of time barring an expansion of some sort...

Or a miracle, like Calvert or St. Mary's getting on the ball and devoting some public land to shooting. Three rural counties, one small range, huurumph...

no expansion just repairs from what im seeing. Some people in the other thread had paid for a year membership it's cheap but still sucks dnr new about the plans you would have thought they would have put a hold on memberships instead of just taking peoples money. i used to buy the year membership but now i just put money in the box.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Unless something changed since last summer, licenses are good from August 1st to July 31 of the next year.

So buying in the last month or so would only be good until July 31st of this year. Would hope they stop taking new licenses until finished...

Should do them like fishing licenses where its 1 year from renewal date.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Unless something changed since last summer, licenses are good from August 1st to July 31 of the next year.

So buying in the last month or so would only be good until July 31st of this year. Would hope they stop taking new licenses until finished...

Should do them like fishing licenses where its 1 year from renewal date.

ok Thanks It been a couple few years that i paid for a year pass but that makes more sense.

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    Yeah, they scored on me I suppose, I don't begrudge them the money if they are fixing things up, but notice would have been nice. I doubt they scheduled this last minute...

What torques me is my wife is a school teacher and the summer is the only time she can get away during the week, and she has skills she wants to work on. This pretty much shuts down that opportunity for this year in any halfway convenient sense.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I bet we might not even notice much of a difference when it opens back up. So sad and pathetic that Maryland has one little public outdoor range for all of southern Maryland. Anyone else notice the game camera they had watching the entrance to the range?

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    It would be laughable if it wasn't true. The entire tri-county area, all the public land available, user fees gladly paid by tax paying citizens on gear also taxed for outdoors pursuits. One dinky range shutdown during what I'd guess is the height of the season. Being proficient in handling firearms was not a crime last I checked, it was a Constitutionally protected right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom