• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I am sure that everyone has seen the video and news stories about the guy who robbed a Jimmy Johns sub place in Kansas at gunpoint. They talk about how calm the cashier was during this time. While watching the video, it looked like the robber had a failure to feed when he cocked the gun. It looks like the slide never came fully forward. In the video posted on YouTube by the Kansas City police, at the 50 second mark, it looks like you can see a round that is angled up, but never went in the chamber. Maybe the cashier noticed this and knew that the gun wouldn't fire, or he really is just a calm guy.

EDIT: Actually, I did some more reading on-line and people have pointed out that it was jammed, but the cashier didn't know it. He said that if he had known it, he would have taken it away from him.

JimmyJohns_zpstowwrycj.jpg

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    A bit off your topic, but, just based off the great quality of this still, i would suspect that this idiot would be very easy to find.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    EDIT: Actually, I did some more reading on-line and people have pointed out that it was jammed, but the cashier didn't know it. He said that if he had known it, he would have taken it away from him.

I'm glad he didn't. This guy probably had 2 or 3 times cashier dude's strength, judging by their respective size & builds.

Even if the moron wasn't able to get the gun into battery, during a struggle, he could have easily pounded the life out of cashier dude.

He should simply accept this outcome for what it was - lucky, and fortunate.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    A bit off your topic, but, just based off the great quality of this still, i would suspect that this idiot would be very easy to find.

I believe that they did catch him. Lots of comments on line about how a Sub Shop has better security footage than a bank.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm glad he didn't. This guy probably had 2 or 3 times cashier dude's strength, judging by their respective size & builds.

Even if the moron wasn't able to get the gun into battery, during a struggle, he could have easily pounded the life out of cashier dude.

He should simply accept this outcome for what it was - lucky, and fortunate.

There wouldn't be much of a struggle over a wide counter and a cash register monitor in the way. The guy wouldn't hang around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom