• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    iv transferred both my guns though them...100 bucks each time... :sad20:

I've done one pistol through them and that was the last one I will ever do, it took 6 weeks and the staff...well lets just say it sucks to not be able to call a guy an asshat when he is being one because he can hold your pistol for as long as he feels like. THANK GOD I found keepshooting!!!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've done one pistol through them and that was the last one I will ever do, it took 6 weeks and the staff...well lets just say it sucks to not be able to call a guy an asshat when he is being one because he can hold your pistol for as long as he feels like. THANK GOD I found keepshooting!!!

+1million :thumbsup::thumbsup:

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Brandywine, Marylandistan
    When I first saw this thread, my thought was "why don't they use Keep Shooting?" Then I actually looked at the date. :facepalm: I've bought 2 guns from Fred's, and as long as Brian's in business, never again. Like I told Mario the other day, I found some ammo at the nation's gun show for $1 cheaper a box than KS had it. For that amount, I'd rather give it to the local guys, who treat me well every time I walk in the door.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    When I first saw this thread, my thought was "why don't they use Keep Shooting?" Then I actually looked at the date. :facepalm: I've bought 2 guns from Fred's, and as long as Brian's in business, never again. Like I told Mario the other day, I found some ammo at the nation's gun show for $1 cheaper a box than KS had it. For that amount, I'd rather give it to the local guys, who treat me well every time I walk in the door.

is that before or after they put the dogs in the back?? :lol2:

i agree.. all of them are all good people. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Brandywine, Marylandistan
    I call ahead to warn Mario to put the puppies away. Though I think every time I am there, Brian parades the German Shepherd through from the warehouse to his office. Met the other one the same day you did, can't remember her name though. It is funny seeing a warehouse full of military surplus, with dog toys scattered everywhere.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I call ahead to warn Mario to put the puppies away. Though I think every time I am there, Brian parades the German Shepherd through from the warehouse to his office. Met the other one the same day you did, can't remember her name though. It is funny seeing a warehouse full of military surplus, with dog toys scattered everywhere.

cant remember the puppys name but i've met the old dog very nice dog. kept smelling me.. i guess she smells my other dogs scents on my clothes.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I plan on giving BTP or keepshooting a try but lately I have been using All Pawn in LaPlata. $25 for handguns plus the $10 background fee and $25 for longguns. They are a preferred dealer on Buds and all you have to do is click and order. Dennis is an old MSP I think and is more than happy to give you the MSP collector application so you can bypass the 1 gun in 30 day rule. Seems to be a real straight shooter as well. Done several transfers there and not a hitch. Freds is totally off limits as they think their service is worth $100. Not a chance!

Last edited:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    All Pawn
    10595 Middlefort Lane
    White Plains, MD 20695
    301-885-2274
    allpawn@hotmail.com

The owner is former MDSP officer and the last time I visited he said $25 for a transfer and he will do 3 regulated firearms for that price, plus $10 for each addition firearm after that.

I asked about transfering 5 AR lowers and was quoted $45 for the transfers plus $10 for each MDSP application fee - $95 total. I thought that was really good price for 5 transfers.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    hey guys, don't forget that if you are doing a person to person transfer of a regulated weapon, it's illegal for the dealer to charge more then $20 above fees.

5-124

I usually go to MSAR.

show us where you found this bit of information.

dmb454ss

Jan 27, 2008
    Waldorf
    I just did a transfer at Fred's on Sunday and it is only $25. I dont know why people are getting quoted these crazy prices.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I just did a transfer at Fred's on Sunday and it is only $25. I dont know why people are getting quoted these crazy prices.

I get these crazy numbers because that is what they say and what is advertised at other places. They also told me the same thing when I went in and I quote... "We can get it cheaper if you let us order it for you, otherwise we charge $100 for any transfers". I asked about 2 months ago and several times over the past year getting the same story. If they are working with you then congrats but I can assure you there are a ton of folks that won't walk in there again. I stopped when they tried to charge me $350 for a used S&W Sigma 9mm. I went to Buds and got it for $299 delivered and used All Pawn to transfer for $25 plus $10 fee for a new one. Saved $25 plus taxes and got a new gun.

From Buds:
    Dealer Name: Freds Sports & Furniture
    Phone Number: 301-843-3040
    Street Address: 2895 Crain Hwy
    City: WALDORF
    State: MD
    Zip: 20601
    Preferred FFL Dealer!
    Last Reported Transfer Fee: 100.00

From Gunbroker:
    Joe Herbert
    Fred's Sports & Furniture
    2895 Crain Hwy
    Waldorf , MD 20601
    Email: Click here to email me

Phone: 301-645-8852
    Fax: 301-645-8852
    Cell Phone: 301-843-3040
    Hours: 9:00am-8:00pm Mon-Fri. 10:00am-3:00pm Sat-Sun

Long Gun Fee: $100.00
    Hand Gun Fee: $100.00

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    There's Jim Greer on Old Washington Road just north of 5. "Angus MacGregor's Trading Post" is the name of the store.

Jim Greer
    Angus MacGregor's Trading Post LLC
    2975 Old Washington Rd
    Waldorf, MD 20601
    Email: Click here to email me

Phone: 866-374-9340
    Fax: 301-374-9414
    Cell Phone: 301-374-9341
    Hours: Mon - Sat 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun 11:30 am - 3:00 pm

Long Gun Fee: $50.00 Non regulated firearms Transfers. $25.00 for each additional
    Hand Gun Fee: $75.00 $10.00 Seperate MSP Application Fee for MD Regulated Firearms Transfers
    Other Fee: $75.00 FIRED SHELL CASING. NEW HANDGUNS ONLY IF SHIPPED WITHOUT FIRED CASING

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom