Allegany Sniper Challenge: Anyone ever shoot it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    New format for Fall... "Pairs" and must consist of one who has shot the ASC in the past and one who hasnt shot the ASC. Looking to pair up with someone who has....

Anyone?

Last edited:

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I did shoot it the first 10 years or so, but too old and out of shape now to run those ridges. Put a request on Snipers Hide and long Range Hunting websites. There are going to be regulars looking for a newbie.

God luck

Jerry

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    eshell is a veteran of that event if I recall.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Thanks Norton, but I can't.

Like Jerry, I shot it quite a few times and it's a great match, but I can no longer physically do what it takes either.

I'd also suggest looking to SnipersHide, but you better move very quickly. Traditionally, these matches fill up within a few hours, although this one may take a little longer due to the new shooter/veteran requirement.

Good luck Yoshi!!

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Ed failed to mention that his daughter also shot the match several times. Hard to see so many hard charging sniper types whooped by a young girl when the scores were posted..... She is a chip off the old block as far as shooting goes. But much prettier!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It is a great match and the change in format is probably to mix things up with a Pro/Am format. Cool idea.

As for shooting it, I can't this year. Another solid option is to post in the PRS facebook group. I don't care for facebook, but those that do claim to find Pro/Am connections that way.

I have watched a certain young lady (who won NRL 22 junior) run PRS with the big kids and make a lot of us look slow. Never judge a book by its cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom