• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    We had our meeting with Planning and Zoning last night. For those of you that came out in support (and also contacted us), a heartfelt THANK YOU!

We started this venture in Dec of 2015. Now, after our big night........(can I drag this out any longer :) )......................we received a unanimous YES vote of approval! We are a go!

We are hoping to have a shovel in the ground this summer. Folks, much more to come!

Flat Broke Shooters Firearms Training Center is ALIVE! :)

Steve

That's fantastic, Steve. Happy as can be for the two of you.

I mean this with all honesty, that if you guys need any help...physical labor stuff or whatever else, please reach out and I'll gladly help. Sending you phone number by PM.

Best,
    Craig

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Count on my bride and I to be members! Looking forward to it. Any idea on the time frame as far as being up and running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This seems to be the first "Good News" in the firearms arena for MD. Besides the defeat of certain laws (thanks Rack and crew for your work) this new range is exciting for a MD'er, at least in my eyes.

Best of luck to you Steve & Cindi! Would love to visit your farm as well, recently there have been several colts born locally :)

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    The article says 45 minute orientation each time someone comes to shoot. I hope they meant the first time and not each time. Also said a 30 minute time limit when the range is crowded. That doesn't sound right. 45 minute orientation and only getting to use the range for 30 minutes?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The article says 45 minute orientation each time someone comes to shoot. I hope they meant the first time and not each time. Also said a 30 minute time limit when the range is crowded. That doesn't sound right. 45 minute orientation and only getting to use the range for 30 minutes?

It's the Baynet. Look at it as 'journalism light'. Just because its written that way doesn't mean the proprietor said it that way.

Prob. a 45min safety briefing when you become a member.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Let me clarify please ...there will be an orientation of approx. 45 minutes per membership. Its all about safety and the rules of the range. Expect a nice DVD presentation and a little membership paperwork.

Why would we do that? Well, long story short...SAFETY! I have seen way too much "stuff" at ranges that makes my skin crawl. I want our members to feel secure in knowing the person to their left and right understand the basics of gun handling and safety.

We will also start this process before the doors officially open to ease the membership rush.

30 minute time restraints is simply to allow all members a chance to shoot. Please understand this is not set in stone. Just ideas we are kicking around to make every members visit pleasurable and timely.

Steve

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Let me clarify please ...there will be an orientation of approx. 45 minutes per membership. Its all about safety and the rules of the range. Expect a nice DVD presentation and a little membership paperwork.

Why would we do that? Well, long story short...SAFETY! I have seen way too much "stuff" at ranges that makes my skin crawl. I want our members to feel secure in knowing the person to their left and right understand the basics of gun handling and safety.

We will also start this process before the doors officially open to ease the membership rush.

30 minute time restraints is simply to allow all members a chance to shoot. Please understand this is not set in stone. Just ideas we are kicking around to make every members visit pleasurable and timely.

Steve

Honestly, that seems beyond reasonable to me. I have never gotten to the range as much as I would like because I have to muster up the courage first.

Nothing like a group of guys who can't pull up their pants muzzle sweeping the whole range with the shotgun they just bought from walmart at 9:00am :sad20:

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park

Steve

Ok that makes sense. I figured that article got the details wrong. Safety orientation makes sense for the first time someone uses the range. Good luck with your new endeavor. Wish you were a little closer to AACounty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom