• dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Any recommendations? I'm in the Leonardtown area

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Any recommendations? I'm in the Leonardtown area

There is a guy on St. John's road. This time of year you probably won't find any that's really dry, but he usually has plenty. He has signs up with his number

JackinSoMd

Feb 16, 2013
    Dentsville
    I deal with the Amish down past Charlotte Hall . I forget the name of the road but there are 4 or 5 of them who sell firewood . I bought my last cord about 1 month ago and it is to green to burn this year . I bought a cord of very seasoned wood in Sept. As Iggy said you are very late in the season to get seasoned wood . However if you check with the Amish you may get lucky and get a 1/2 cord or so of stuff you can burn right now . Some of them also have slabwood and sometimes you can get that pretty seasoned . Last time I bought slab wood it was 90% oak with some good size pieces . I can't remember the name of the road . Maybe someone on here knows it . As I said there are 4 or 5 Amish familes selling wood in that area along with shed builders , produce sellers ect ect . If you stop at the Charlotte Hall library I'm sure one of the Amish there could give you directions to the wood sellers . Good luck .

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I usually get my wood from an amish guy on 236 but they sold out of seasoned wood in October. You may get lucky on CL but make sure you check everything before you buy as alot of the stuff that is advertised as seasoned is really only like a month old if that.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Get a cheap moisture meter. When you go to buy, split a piece and see what the reading is. I think you want under 20%. Make it clear to the seller that you plan on doing this.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Dyson Forestry (301) 481-9880
    He can deliver or you can pick it up by the bag (1/2 cord?) at the lumber yard in Great Mills.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Thanks for the leads... Dyson and Loveville were all out. Guy on St John had delivered about 1.5 cords for $130. Moisture content was 15%-20% with a few at 21 or 22%. I think he still has some more.

Last edited:

RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    Any thoughts on northern Calvert? Or should I look at the same places already suggested?

JackinSoMd

Feb 16, 2013
    Dentsville
    If you turn on 236 then go down a little ways and turn on Dixie /Lion Rd there are at least 2 Amish firewood sellers on Dixie Lion Rd .. They always have wood .

I have no idea if they have any seasoned wood is at this time but these are large firewood sellers .

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    The Guy on St. John's RD is charging 125 delivered locally. That is the cheapest I've ever seen.

Mind PMing me his info?

If you turn on 236 then go down a little ways and turn on Dixie /Lion Rd there are at least 2 Amish firewood sellers on Dixie Lion Rd .. They always have wood .

I have no idea if they have any seasoned wood is at this time but these are large firewood sellers .

This is where I usually get mine but they were out of seasoned wood early this year.

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    KStone I think it is King Cutters, but I dont recall exactly. I just noticed the price when I drove past it last. They are very close to McKays on St.Johns rd. I dont have their phone number, sorry.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    KStone I think it is King Cutters, but I dont recall exactly. I just noticed the lrice when I drove past it last. They are very close to McKays on St.Johns rd. I dont have their phone number, sorry.

That's correct. Guys name is Bunky and he's one of the best around. Don't have the number but I'm sure googling 'King Cutters Tree Service' will find you results.

BMW

Feb 28, 2013
    SoMD
    Was I the only one thinking: "This is Maryland, you should season your wood with Old Bay?"

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Spoke with Bunky from St. Johns rd last night and it's $150 a cord delivered. I'm gonna pass for that price. Got a cord coming in on Monday from a guy on CL for $120. I'll let you know how it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom