• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simple law of supply and demand. All posts prior to mine are experienced shooters who have owned guns for several years. They should have stocked up when ammo was cheap and plentiful. The only person to blame is themselves.
    This will be my last post on the subject in any thread.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Simple law of supply and demand. All posts prior to mine are experienced shooters who have owned guns for several years. They should have stocked up when ammo was cheap and plentiful. The only person to blame is themselves.

I’m just fine on ammo. No complaining here, just noting sgammo is crazy.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Yeah, $29.95 for a box of 50 Tulammo is unbelievable. I’m good to go for a very long time even with going to the range and getting in my reps. I won’t be buying any 9mm for the foreseeable future. This is nuts.

This stuff would sell for $9.95 a box in normal times. Yes, this is definitely not normal times but a sign of things to come depending on what happens on 11/3.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "Limit 5 boxes" means the prices are too low and they have to ration even at $25 a box, lol.

You will all look back in Jan and wish you could buy at $25 a box.

People who think that they have "plenty" have their heads in the sand, like Biden.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    By all means, buy away sir. :)

Not this. I found some Sellier and Bellot today. It was out of stock seconds after I grabbed it.

Ammo scarcity* is going to continue long after nov 5th.

* As I understand it, the main problem / shortage is primer manufacturing, which cannot keep up with demand So, reloading is a problem as well.

I've been buying because I shoot. I'm only willing to go so deep into my reserves so I have to keep an eye out for replenishments if I want to continue to train and hit the range.

Basically this, I am making sure I can replace my inventory before I shoot.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Anyone who is paying those ammo prices, probably just recently purchased their firearm therefore they have no choice but to pay! Most likely they also over paid for the gun..

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Anyone who is paying those ammo prices, probably just recently purchased their firearm therefore they have no choice but to pay! Most likely they also over paid for the gun..

Yeah, this is a likely truth.

I do feel for these folks a bit. Turning a cold shoulder to someone that’s been shooting for 5-10 years that doesn’t have an ammo reserve ( especially if you were into shooting during 2013-15 ) is one thing, but a newby thay jist got in at the wrong time or didn’t have enough time in to know better isn’t very nice.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    "Limit 5 boxes" means the prices are too low and they have to ration even at $25 a box, lol.

You will all look back in Jan and wish you could buy at $25 a box.

People who think that they have "plenty" have their heads in the sand, like Biden.

Let’s just say if you had a round count in the six figures would that qualify as “plenty?”

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013

No I have met a lot of people who have had guns for years who are buying. I am keeping a constant inventory. I still have (what most people would consider) "a lot" of pre-pandemic ammo, so I buy what I shoot to replenish. As much as I hate paying 40cpr for 9mm. It simply does not make sense to let the inventory dwindle in this environment. Nor does it make sense to not train, shooting is a perishable skill. If Trump wins there will be riots. If Biden wins, there will be riots. If the asteroid hits Nov 2nd as predicted, there will also be riots.

It will take a very long time for manufacturing to keep up with demand, so ammo scarcity will be with us for years. People who are not buying now will likely be buying later at higher prices.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    And that's actually a fair price, for today's market.

Might be time to look at one of those SIRT pistols for dry-fire training.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Simple law of supply and demand. All posts prior to mine are experienced shooters who have owned guns for several years. They should have stocked up when ammo was cheap and plentiful. The only person to blame is themselves.

I agree,
    Even to feed the shooters, prices have to go up to limit the people who just want to stockpiles. People who are shooters will be paying more but will at least have ammo to shoot.

I"ve begun to ration how much a 9mm/223 month I will shoot. I'm rationing like I won't be able to get more components for 4-6 more months. I don't do competition. I"m also trying to make sure I always bring a lever action or Revolver. That is slowing me down. I stacked 22LR back when it was cheap so I'm also starting to dig into that to slow down my shooting of items that are hard to find reloading components.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    50 per round

$0.50 is the new minimum for your gun to go bang. Sadly it may be thay way for a while.

I bought 1k of winchester white 9 milly for $470 recently but it was gone just as quick. I felt like I won but really this whole thing is sad.

It is just supply/demand..supply is limited due to Covid and demand is through the roof because of us and the 2020 gun rush. I dont think we see an end to these prices until late next year or longer even if Trump wins.

Price will stay as long as people are willing to pay... From Manufacturers to retailers , they will continue to enjoy greater margins until they are forced to compete for sales again. Go into a LGS any day of the week. Not seeing a reason to compete for sales. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom