• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Wife slipped this into my stocking for Christmas. It's my first Spyderco and I'm really impressed with the quality. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

:D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      85.4 KB · Views: 438

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    If you'll have just one Spydie... it's the ONE to have. Let the Spydie hoarding commence! Congratulations!

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Yessir, thanks! I really like the locking mechanism being on the top and away from the path of the blade.

Little bugger came sharp from the factory.

I like the compression lock. It's not an upside down liner lock.

Now, don't go looking for the sprint models with different steel models and handle color combos. ;)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's on my very short shopping list. I love my Spyderco Rescue.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sweet blade, everyone's favorite Spidy, and one if the best practical EDC folders ever made.

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    Sorry, but that has military characteristics and naming conventions. You are to report with it to your nearest turn-in point ASAP.

:lol2: Too true...

OPz: Paramilitary is a great knife. I actually picked one up to replace my CR as my EDC. Your wife gets an A+ for that stocking stuffer.. :thumbsup:

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Update:

I have two "complaints" about this knife, and they aren’t really that big of a deal.

1. The pocket clip doesn’t really aid in deep concealment. It rides pretty high compared to some of my other knives.

2. The pocket clip is a high polish and catches the eye immediately. The damn thing is bright!

I'm going to try and track down a black one from Spyderco to solve problem #2, but I don’t think there is anything I can do about #1.

Again, these aren’t really problems... just things that would make this knife even better.

Overall, it's a kick ass knife and I definitely recommend it - not that my recommendations carry any weight, but still - it’s a great knife.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I have two "complaints" about this knife, and they aren’t really that big of a deal.

1. The pocket clip doesn’t really aid in deep concealment. It rides pretty high compared to some of my other knives.

2. The pocket clip is a high polish and catches the eye immediately. The damn thing is bright!

I'm going to try and track down a black one from Spyderco to solve problem #2, but I don’t think there is anything I can do about #1.

Again, these aren’t really problems... just things that would make this knife even better.

Overall, it's a kick ass knife and I definitely recommend it - not that my recommendations carry any weight, but still - it’s a great knife.

While I get how blackened pockets clips help, I don't really get the "deep concealment" benefit of low-riding clips. Whenever I see a pocket clip, whether there is part of the knife sticking out or not, I assume it's a knife.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ol' alucard did it again and got me a quality xmas gift. Now I can join in on the paramilitary 2 club. I'm loving this thing so far. It's a STRONG lock as easy to use as an axis lock, a great blade design, a comfortable and well thought out handle design, great steel, and it's got that fun combo of camo and DLC for nice looks. What a great EDC knife. The factory edge was sharp, but slightly uneven and finished pretty rough. It's been fixed now and is absurdly sharp.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm jealous, I want one lol

I like this better than my Emerson maybe?

Last edited:

JDBoss

Quiet Professional
    Nov 8, 2010
    Florida
    Nice - miss my Spyderco Endura with the Titanium Nitride (black) blade... but still carry an Endura - been a great blade over the past nearly 20 years.... including opening coffee cans while deployed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom