• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    That looks like a shotgun in the trunk to me.... the medical examiner is odd though...

I agree. It definitely seems to be a shotgun in the trunk. I haven't delved into it completely, but from what I heard, the gunman used the AR and pistols in the school, leaving a shotgun in the trunk. The video evidence (even though there is little) seems to support that.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Doug Giles adds another 'suggestion' ...

HumanEvents.com - Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quoting John Lott's and William Landes' seminal study on multiple victim public shootings. Citing that waiting periods and background checks for guns, the death penalty and increased penalties for committing a crime with a gun, that none of these policies had any effect on the frequency of, or carnage from, but one public policy has ever been shown to reduce the death rate from such crimes ...

Concealed-carry laws.

But a tad bit harsher ...

Massacre Prevention Alert: Ban High Capacity Idiots, Not High Capacity Magazines

Mom … dad … if you have a ticking bomb in your house and you own guns, do us all a favor and get a gun safe, have the key surgically implanted into your colon, and only go hunting and shooting when your “special” boy is away from the house at electroshock therapy or having his weekly exorcism. It could save a lot of lives…

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Here's where we need to steer every gun ban conversation:

Was there a drop in crime when the first assault weapon ban was implemented, and was there a rise when it expired?

Was there a major mass shooting during the previous AWB? (Yes, Columbine in 1999)

It didn't work then, and it won't work now. One "fix" is to bring parenting and values of personal responsibility back into the American family.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    [satire] Due to the potential danger we face from suicide bombings, plane hijackings, etc in the name of god/allah, I propose a ban on religion, or at least some sort of religion control, perhaps just banning certain religions. I mean, who needs to be Muslim anyway? There are plenty of less dangerous religions out there.

I know, you're going to say religion is protected by the first amendment. But, you know, the founding fathers didnt have suicide bombers in mind when they wrote the constitution. It was a different time back then. How can you justify your need for religion when we have people abusing them and using them to murder innocent people.

I should be able to send my kids to school, or go see a movie, and not have to worry about some nutcase using his religion on me. It is time to rewrite the constitution and eliminate the freedom of religion. [/satire]

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If she left the gun unlocked, knowing she was about to petition the court to commit her son, she does deserve blame.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Here's where we need to steer every gun ban conversation:

Do countries (or states) see a reduction in violent crime after implementing stricter gun control measures?

Do the countries with the highest gun crime rates have strict or lax gun control? (Bans mostly)

Unfortunately what they are looking at are statistics like total murders and gun violence. England has fewer murders and almost no gun crime to speak of.

They don't take into account the per capita figures for overall violent crime rates or compare the ratios of number of guns compared to total homocides.

The statistics game alone is a difficult angle from which to approach the issue. As with many situations, the stats can be bent to produce findings in both directions.

Of course this is almost besides the point. The reason we are so armed is to ensure the security of hearth, home and a free state (or as much "free state" as we have left.) Liberals and antis for what ever reason can not believe that really bad things can and do occur that may require you or your neighbors to defend yourself or your country. They just can not accept that life can become so uncivilized. It's quite strange to me but it is an irrational, violent disbelief that there could ever be a situation from which the government would not be able to protect them, so they see no reason why firearms are needed. They feel that civility is rooted in our core rather than a thin veneer easily worn away under the right conditions.

That type of thinking goes hand in hand with the ignorant assumption that government is inherently good rather than a necessary evil to be constrained and guarded against. More Polly Anna thinking. I'm not sure where this mentality comes from, liberal indoctrination in the schools or perhaps a psychological pathology but it is clear that many people do not understand, or care to understand the critical balancing role that an armed population plays and as such they would gladly trade the mechanisms that keep liberty alive for some perceived security, a mere handful of stale breadcrumbs they are told is a feast.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I was subjected to some CNN this morning at a deli, and some "random" schmoe they interviewed on the street said "I think we should give up our freedom to just buy whatever guns we want if that means those kids can have their freedom to live back."

I wanted to throw my plate of food at the television.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I was subjected to some CNN this morning at a deli, and some "random" schmoe they interviewed on the street said "I think we should give up our freedom to just buy whatever guns we want if that means those kids can have their freedom to live back."

I wanted to throw my plate of food at the television.

Don't mess up your expensive TV. Go to CNN's website and post this quote:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin's Contributions to the Conference on February 17 (III) Fri, Feb 17, 1775

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Unfortunately what they are looking at are statistics like total murders and gun violence. England has fewer murders and almost no gun crime to speak of.

They don't take into account the per capita figures for overall violent crime rates or compare the ratios of number of guns compared to total homocides.

That is not entirely true. When I was living there from 1998 to 2002, it was quite the problem; especially in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom