• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I don't need to start another "Which Glock?" thread, but I think I've narrowed it down to the 9mm G17 or G19...

The differences I see are the extra 2 rounds (stock mag) on the G17 and extra half inch barrel length.... Since concealed carry is realistically not in the cards soon here, is there any other reason to pick the compact over the G17? Your opinions are valued!!!
    Thanks!!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    is there any other reason to pick the compact over the G17? Your opinions are valued!!!
    Thanks!!

Only if you might take shooters with smaller hands. Since the 19 will take the 17's mags, I took the 19 as a mid-framed 9mm is pretty "new shooter" friendly.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Only if you might take shooters with smaller hands. Since the 19 will take the 17's mags, I took the 19 as a mid-framed 9mm is pretty "new shooter" friendly.

Thanks--- not too worried about other shooters-- let them win their own damn gun!!!:D

I've got a nice little .22 for new shooters, and I'm thinking this may end up being my "competition" gun..... What can you tell me about sights and/or upgrades ( if needed...)?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've got a nice little .22 for new shooters, and I'm thinking this may end up being my "competition" gun..... What can you tell me about sights and/or upgrades ( if needed...)?

On every Glock, I install the extended slide release and extended mag release, your gun will come with night sights. I add those things because that's how my duty G22 is and I'm used to it. If you're considering competing, maybe pay the upgrade fee and get a G34. I think it was around $105 to upgrade to that gun.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    On every Glock, I install the extended slide release and extended mag release, your gun will come with night sights. I add those things because that's how my duty G22 is and I'm used to it. If you're considering competing, maybe pay the upgrade fee and get a G34. I think it was around $105 to upgrade to that gun.

And the extended slide lock; the original is too small. $25 to 30 for all 3 parts. Youtube videos exist for all 3.

And I vote G17for general use. I can't comment on competition guns.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    And the extended slide lock; the original is too small. $25 to 30 for all 3 parts. Youtube videos exist for all 3.

And I vote G17for general use. I can't comment on competition guns.

When handling them today, the slide lock was one thing I didn't like-- glad to here it from others..... I'll look into the upgrade when I get the paperwork, but I think the 17 will suit me fine.... I'm not looking to compete hardcore, just for fun and to improve skills....

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I wasn't home when they tried to deliver the letter Saturday. Today should be the day. I'll need to swing by GC tomorrow if all goes as planned.

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    My prize came in today. Looks nice. Came with 3 mags and night sights. Paperwork is in and I'm excited to pick it up next week. Thanks to Mark at 2A for great service as always. Legitimately used my designated collector status today too, filling out paper while picking up another toy. Great Monday!

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    My prize came in today. Looks nice. Came with 3 mags and night sights. Paperwork is in and I'm excited to pick it up next week. Thanks to Mark at 2A for great service as always. Legitimately used my designated collector status today too, filling out paper while picking up another toy. Great Monday!

Nice!

Still patiently waiting here... :)

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Picked mine up this evening. It's cleaned now and ready for the range tomorrow. For reference my Glock certificate was received by Glock in Georgia on Dec 1 (certified mail). So it took from then until last Monday for it to ship to Mark @ 2A. Thanks to jac43k for lending me his omega lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom