• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Go to Http://www.gotglock.org/glocktober.html

The glocktober raffle is to benefit D.A.D. (Drive Against Diabetes)

Every Ticket gets you 10 numbers.

Winner is chosen on October 31, 2011

Glock Models: 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33 ( All Glock Models come standard with Glock Night Sights)

Numbers 13 above and 13 below winning number are also winners.

(Prizes may vary)

(Non-permit holders get $400 cash)

Tickets are only $20 / 100 sold

To get your ticket, go to order at the top of the screen and fill out the raffle ticket order form.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I am confused by rule number
    "6. If for any reason a winner is deemed not satisfactory to
    carry a firearm, the cash prize of four hundered dollars
    will automatically be awarded".

Does this mean that if you do not have a carry permit that you can not win the gun, and that you have to take the cash?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I am confused by rule number
    "6. If for any reason a winner is deemed not satisfactory to
    carry a firearm, the cash prize of four hundered dollars
    will automatically be awarded".

Does this mean that if you do not have a carry permit that you can not win the gun, and that you have to take the cash?

From what I remember from last year, it's for the state the raffle is held in, if you don't have a permit in the state to own a handgun, you take the $400. You, living here, have the option to take the cash, but it has nothing to do with having a CCW.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    From what I remember from last year, it's for the state the raffle is held in, if you don't have a permit in the state to own a handgun, you take the $400. You, living here, have the option to take the cash, but it has nothing to do with having a CCW.

That makes more sense. I could not tell by the website where it was based out of.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm going to start a new thread to prevent confusion from the 2010 raffle.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Please stop ordering tickets. I will have a much better chance if you all stop ordering tickets.

Seriously, it's a good cause. Please support it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    a few questions:
    1. it looks like the winner(s) gets a certificate, is that right? then what, you take the certificate to your local FFL, or do you send it to Glock who then ships your selected gun to your local FFL?
    2. once you 'order' a raffle ticket, do you get a bill or something and then pay by credit card or check?
    3. cynical me, but does anyone on this board have first hand knowledge this is totally legit? does the money count for taxes as a donation?

thx, david

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Ordered 2. Thanks for updating this. I checked a few days ago and they hadn't posted anything for this year's Glocktober raffle. Good luck everyone.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Please stop ordering tickets. I will have a much better chance if you all stop ordering tickets.
    :D

Negative Ghost Rider. You have 13 numbers on a scale of 001-999, your odds don't change.

a few questions:
    1. it looks like the winner(s) gets a certificate, is that right? then what, you take the certificate to your local FFL, or do you send it to Glock who then ships your selected gun to your local FFL?
    2. once you 'order' a raffle ticket, do you get a bill or something and then pay by credit card or check?
    3. cynical me, but does anyone on this board have first hand knowledge this is totally legit? does the money count for taxes as a donation?

thx, david

1) You take your certificate to an FFL, they will receive your order (that's how I did it through Gun Connection)
    2) They send you a ticket, you mail back a check. Your ticket isn't valid until you return payment.
    3) I don't know about the charity, I have not checked it out. The drawing is real and a few of us have won from them, myself included.

engineer2009

Oct 10, 2010
    Howard County
    :D

Negative Ghost Rider. You have 13 numbers on a scale of 001-999, your odds don't change.

1) You take your certificate to an FFL, they will receive your order (that's how I did it through Gun Connection)
    2) They send you a ticket, you mail back a check. Your ticket isn't valid until you return payment.
    3) I don't know about the charity, I have not checked it out. The drawing is real and a few of us have won from them, myself included.

Does the FFL charge any taxes or fees on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom