• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I'm too lazy to even help the lazy folk.

It's cool. They're too lazy to deserve help. I'm just in it for karmic reasons.

Here's the TL;DR version.

Dude complies with every imaginable part of gun registration at the airport. Misses a connection, gets arrested for illegal gun possession on a technicality, spends 10 days in jail. Charges dropped, sues Port Authority. SCOTUS tosses the suit, basically says "Screw you, your guns, FOPA, and the Second Amendment. I don't care how tired and pissed off you were, just be happy you're not in jail." Best part? SCOTUS recommends that travelers in that situation go to the police. Though, the police have no legal obligation to help you, SCOTUS recommends that they be cool about it. Sounds good, right? Wrong! Since SCOTUS upheld Jersey's laws about "access" to your "illegal" firearm that fly in the face of FOPA, the police could arrest you for having access to your gun if you so much as touch the locked case. Actually, not even touch. It's more like "could theoretically touch."

Still too long for you lazy guys? Here:

DON'T BRING A GUN TO NEW YORK OR NEW JERSEY!

Mr H

Banana'd
    The issue is stopping overnight in a state that prohibits it. you're screwed. No FOPA protection whatsoever. Again, bad idea if you are not traveling through the state.

We'll be headed out to Illinois this summer.

Once we're out of MD, every state we'll be in will be fine... until IL...

I guess I'll just have to take a travel safe with me, and keep things under wraps for the 3 days we're there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am seeing a somewhat specific enquirey in the OP . In regards to at what exact circumstances does a vehicle of certain configuration legally transform from a motor vehicle to a domicle ( or place of bussiness, or etc ) . The fine print varies from state to state, and I don't know NYS offhand.

In the larger sense , while NYS may have outdoor recreation possabilities , so do Pa , NH , ME , etc. Spend your money and your lesiure time where your Civil Rights are respected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom