• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    I have found these difficult to find lately . . .

Midway has 100/box of Berger 6.5mm 140 gr. Hybrid bullets in stock this morning (Berger#26414). The 500/box are already sold out. $66.99 each 100/box. Email notices of product availability were received at 7pm and 10 pm yesterday.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Bergers were in short supply before the current shortages. Powder Valley is also out of stock, but had the best price on this last time I bought them (about $250 for the 500 box).

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    I'm not sure you will see $250 per 500/box again for these bullets, at least no time soon. I'm very unhappy with Midway's prices and their decision to XXXX over their customer base. (I did get the free shipping offer.) If/when the supply of various reloading components becomes available to the smaller, lower cost vendors, Midway will lose this customer of many decades. Until then, these shoot very well in my 6.5CM and 6.5x55Swede, and I like to shoot.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Powder Valley had them a couple months ago at the $250 per 500 price. :shrug:

I haven’t ordered anything from Midway since they dropped their free shipping on everything unless there was no other place to get it. That situation is rare. Very rare.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm not sure you will see $250 per 500/box again for these bullets, at least no time soon. I'm very unhappy with Midway's prices and their decision to XXXX over their customer base. (I did get the free shipping offer.) If/when the supply of various reloading components becomes available to the smaller, lower cost vendors, Midway will lose this customer of many decades. Until then, these shoot very well in my 6.5CM and 6.5x55Swede, and I like to shoot.

Except I think you'll find many of the small suppliers are also going to end up jacking up prices. That's what I've generally been seeing when PV, Midsouth, Graf's, etc. end up having stuff in stock again.

They typically still have lower prices than Midway, but surprise, surprise, they did before too.

The manufacturers have all been increasing their prices, largely due to materials costs. Most of them have had large increases from around December until recently. Likely because they either A) stopped absorbing the increased raw materials prices from their bottom line or B) their contracts with raw materials suppliers came up for renewal C) their raw materials stocks on hand were depleted and had to be renewed at current prices.

From all I've seen, Federal, Sierra, Hornady, Winchester, etc. have all increased prices between 10-25%. So you'd expect to see at least similar increases from places like Midway, PV, etc. Which seems to more or less be the case.

It is great that, say, PV might be 12cpb on something when Midway is 20cpb. But Midway has it in stock and PV doesn't. Oh, low and behold, PV ends up getting it in stock and now PV's price is 18 or 19cpb because they didn't update their price, as they haven't had it in stock in 6+ months.

That is no knock against PV, MS, etc. Midway also generally hasn't been updating their website prices until they have something in stock, because they aren't sure what they'll pay. But they typically get stock way more frequently than the smaller guys. So their prices tend to be a lot more accurate for what you will end up paying.

One example, Graf's didn't have 32acp range brass, cleaned, for 11 or 12cpc and Starline for 22cpc. They just got a bit of stock of range brass in and their price jumped to 25cpc on it!

More than the Starline NEW brass they haven't had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom