• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Got my renewal form in the mail today. About a month early vs previous renewals. I'm wondering if they're adding some extra time in there due to extra licensing work with more and more folks jumping on the 03FFL bandwagon and new gun stores popping up? Seemed curious to me.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    I sent of my initial C&R application in early December but haven’t heard back yet. It’s kind of fun having a reason to look forward to checking the mail though. One of these days it won’t just be bills and junk mail in there.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I sent of my initial C&R application in early December but haven’t heard back yet. It’s kind of fun having a reason to look forward to checking the mail though. One of these days it won’t just be bills and junk mail in there.

Correct, it'll be junk mail and auction invoices for the 30th gun you bought that year. :lol2:

Seriously, it'll ruin your bank statement!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Got my renewal form in the mail today. About a month early vs previous renewals. I'm wondering if they're adding some extra time in there due to extra licensing work with more and more folks jumping on the 03FFL bandwagon and new gun stores popping up? Seemed curious to me.

Or they are taking in to account how long the mail is taking these days. Agency I work for has been trying to do that lately in practice and when possible in policy.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If your C&R should happen to expire before you get renewal done, you can apply for a new one. BTW, according to BATFE, you are not required to keep your bound book, nor turn it in to ATF, on the expiration of your license.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Mine was due to expire in March, got the renewal notice back in January. Sent 21 Jan, got the renewed license in the mail yesterday.

That's certainly good to know. I've never had mine be late (I fill out the renewal the day it comes in the mail and send it back out) but glad to know the turnaround for the renewal is sub one month at the moment.

As for the mail taking a long time, tell me about it! I've got a Type 38 firing pin spring that is lost somewhere between the Capitol Heights facility and my local Post Office. Left CHSF on the 5th. No activity on tracking since. The Type 38 firing pin I also had coming to me made in 3 days with no problems. The concentric-circle marked early Type 38 that they were to go to was supposed to arrive today, but still hasn't made it out of the Indiana sorting facility. I thought they were supposed to be making up ground now with Christmas being over.....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's certainly good to know. I've never had mine be late (I fill out the renewal the day it comes in the mail and send it back out) but glad to know the turnaround for the renewal is sub one month at the moment.

As for the mail taking a long time, tell me about it! I've got a Type 38 firing pin spring that is lost somewhere between the Capitol Heights facility and my local Post Office. Left CHSF on the 5th. No activity on tracking since. The Type 38 firing pin I also had coming to me made in 3 days with no problems. The concentric-circle marked early Type 38 that they were to go to was supposed to arrive today, but still hasn't made it out of the Indiana sorting facility. I thought they were supposed to be making up ground now with Christmas being over.....

Ish. A lot of old priority mail stuff to make their way through. Sometimes I am getting some priority stuff in 2-3 days. But they aren’t guaranteeing it’ll get to you in 2-3 days yet. First class and other classes of mail hasn’t come even close to catching up. Sure, some newer stuff might make it to you “on time”. Most first class mail I am getting still seems delayed a week or two based on postmarks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I let my last one expire and applied for a new one a number of months later to be able to negate my old bound book as mentioned above.
    I'm not doing it this next time cause it expires in this current administration and i'm not going to risk any executive orders getting in the way.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hmmm, my renewal just showed and it doesn't expire for almost 3 months. In the mail now. No chance I am going to let it expire now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom