• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Anyone order one direct from rra for a build? They are one of the few I can find currently that have in stock complete uppers advertised as hbar.

I have a complete rifle from them, but it’s pre 2013, so I don’t know if their quality has held up. Can anyone relate any recent experience?

I bought a psa trump keep America great lower as a novelty, but the bug got me and I completed the lower build, and now am searching for an upper.

I’m limited as bcm and geissele advertise and government or military profiles only, and most of aero precision stuff is out of stock. I don’t want to use a psa upper for well known reasons lol.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thare stuff is good. At least it used to be. Barrels have great accuracy, and I've always liked their national match triggers.

ETA not sure about Md compliant barrels.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They have a few options listed for 16 inch heavy barreled options

Cool. I know Atlantic Guns in Rockville used to rep them. I bought one years ago from them. It's been a while
    I used to buy my lower parts from them(RRA)too.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Cool. I know Atlantic Guns in Rockville used to rep them. I bought one years ago from them. It's been a while
    I used to buy my lower parts from them(RRA)too.

Yeah I like rra a lot myself. Their nm 2 stage trigger is 1 step below a geissele in my opinion, for half the price. Break feels damn near the same, just the reset to me that feels a bit less smooth on the rra. ( I have experience behind the rra and 2 geissele SSA triggers,that is where I base my opinion for anyone wondering lol ).

I still shoot my lar-15 quite a bit, but I’ve never bought just an upper from them. I’d imagine/expect nothing less than quality from RRA, based off my current experiences with their products, but again that experience is also with older rifles. Haven’t tried any of their newer products. Hopefully they haven’t cheapened up on quality to produce quantity like some places do after they grow enough.

They are also a good in between price point as well as far as completed uppers go.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I stocked up on multiple RRA NM lowers years ago and put them away for a rainy day. I purchased a complete 14.5” 458 SOCOM pinned/welded Devastator upper for one of them earlier this year, all are very nice and a good value IMO. I also considered an additional 300 Legend upper at the same time this year from RRA but decided on a 300 HAM’R upper from Wilson Combat. Very glad I did, not because of the manufacturer, but because of the caliber....

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The ALG ACT is my default single stage, and the RRA NM is my default two stage trigger. That being said, there are better for each. I ended up replacing both of these as time went on.

May get one of their uppers one of these days.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The ALG ACT is my default single stage, and the RRA NM is my default two stage trigger.
    The NM is infamous for breaking after a few thousand rounds. I have one, it's a good trigger, you just need to have a backup plan in case you're using it competitively. (I mean, this could be "bring a spare", replacing the FCG on an AR only takes a couple minutes.)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The NM is infamous for breaking after a few thousand rounds. I have one, it's a good trigger, you just need to have a backup plan in case you're using it competitively. (I mean, this could be "bring a spare", replacing the FCG on an AR only takes a couple minutes.)

didn't know their NM triggers had a reputation for breaking. what breaks on them ?

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Always wanted and still want to get their PDS pistol or maybe just the upper if it sold that way. That with a folding brace or stock and sbr it.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I bought a RRA HBAR complete upper off the MDS classifieds about a year ago for $250 and I swear that thing is far more accurate that I ever will be. Best buy I've made. I dont know the date of manufacture.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I bought a LAR-15 Std A2 years back. It was my second AR and I still have it. Absolutely a curate and reliable. I bought a 16” HBAR barrel assembly a couple years back. Shoots great and like the first it is very consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom