• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    This bill would add firemen, emts, church security member, nurses, physicians assistants, and parole offices to the list that can get unrestricted permits. Please share and have your friends call their delegates to say they indorse this bill or sign up to testify in person to approve. Hearing is March 4th at 1pm, House building in Annapolis.

Attachments

• hb 1502f.pdf
      90.9 KB · Views: 350

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    would that really allow those people to get one? Even if they are technically eligible wont the state police still be looking for basically handling large amounts of money as a business owner to maybe give approval?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So the rest of us are still second-class citizens with no rights. Who introduced this legislation? Democrat or Republican?

A bill to allow Self Defense to meet G&S was also filed, please try and keep up.

would that really allow those people to get one? Even if they are technically eligible wont the state police still be looking for basically handling large amounts of money as a business owner to maybe give approval?

MSP has what they call "assumed risk" positions that are eligible for Wear and Carry permits, this bill would add these vocations to that list. No need to demonstrate cash handling.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    One of the guys in my firehouse was shot 5 times and his partner killed in PG county a few years ago. Does that qualify?
    I'm sure that each individual firehouse will have a policy if this will be allowed.
    For instance, my firehouse says no firearms allowed on premises.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    One of the guys in my firehouse was shot 5 times and his partner killed in PG county a few years ago. Does that qualify?
    I'm sure that each individual firehouse will have a policy if this will be allowed.
    For instance, my firehouse says no firearms allowed on premises.

This would be for off duty and would be unrestricted. The only thing they would need is proof that they are employed and a clean background check

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Can't support this bill, it needs to be for all or none.

I'm torn.

On one hand I totally agree with you. Treat all people equally (A wild concept for Democrats, I know)

On the other hand....death by 1000 cuts works both ways. If this passes (I know it won't) it'll show there are no increases in murders because of it and it makes it easier to expand it out to more people later.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    This would be for off duty and would be unrestricted. The only thing they would need is proof that they are employed and a clean background check
    Yeah, I love that you must be "employed" like the risk magically goes away because you are no longer "active".

I can tell you the "Men in Black" did not erase my memory when I retired from .gov....and that probably has something to do with that pesky Lifetime Non-Disclosure agreement that was in my retirement papers.

....and I'm sure Mr. "Attempted Murder" felon has forgot all about the Paramedics testimony that got him there just because he's retired.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm torn.

On one hand I totally agree with you. Treat all people equally (A wild concept for Democrats, I know)

On the other hand....death by 1000 cuts works both ways. If this passes (I know it won't) it'll show there are no increases in murders because of it and it makes it easier to expand it out to more people later.

Your logic will not work on the MGA leftist zombies

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014

Nope. They wont be looking for that.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think this is good for everyone in the long run . It is not totally fair or partially fair but maybe a step or two closer . Some things are baby steps .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So the rest of us are still second-class citizens with no rights. Who introduced this legislation? Democrat or Republican?

Yup, pretty much all the "regular" voters.

How about a bill to provide US with our civil rights?

And maybe REPEAL the utterly useless FSA 2013, while I'm daydreaming?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Nothing like more "what ifs" to add to the already "what about"

The more different professions they add as the exception the stronger the law suit for someone who doesn't fit the mold. Why him and not me? Great question.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom